Rear Badge Removal?

eldo64

I want to remove the "MAZDA" and "CX-9" badges from the rear of our 2007 GT. I can't tell if they're just affixed with foam tape or actually have plugs that go through the body. Anyone remove theirs yet?

I want to remove the "MAZDA" and "CX-9" badges from the rear of our 2007 GT. I can't tell if they're just affixed with foam tape or actually have plugs that go through the body. Anyone remove theirs yet?

"Mazda" has traditionally couple of pins back of the logo.
"cx-9" part may or may not have pins

eBay!!
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) I can sell off the "Outback" emblem for I don't need it.

There suppose to be original one from JDM

4wdtx3.jpg

And you can buy them here

mazda3online.web.aplus.net/products_id=881

Last edited:
Mazda Badge on CX-9

I popped mine off. There are 3 pin holes that it inserts into. Man I wish it was 3M taped on. I put mine back on until I can come up with a good/cheap solution to filling the holes.

CH

you could cover the holes with my Pilot killer bumper sticker above

What the (dunno)

Is Pilot refering to Honda Pilot? If yes, that's most retarded thing I've heard. Why would you want that instead of Mazda badge?!

I also tried to debadge Mazda, but realized there are pins so that's not possible. However, I'm pretty sure CX-9 is doubled sided taped on there. I honestly don't know if removing just CX-9 would look good enough.

Added AWD to the rear

I just added AWD to the rear of mine.

Tom

Attachments

• Mazda 006 (Medium).jpg
    Mazda 006 (Medium).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 809
Black Cherry...nice. Is there really a bad color with this car?

I applaud Mazda for not sticking a bunch of extra advertising on, ie;Toyota and GM. (V6, 3.5liter, Turbo, AWD, Limited, Touring, GT, Chunky, Smooth, etc.)

I always hatred that. I counted an SR5 once that had 6 different emblems just on the back. And yes, one of them was 'SR5'.

Last edited:
I belong to a Group of Car testing that usually test the cars and there are 6 CX-9's ( 4 are Grey )and we make comparisons such as:

1/4 mile performance

Mud Handling

Gravel road handling

Long Run Costs

Etc.

So we just try to differentiate which are AWD, RWD, FWD.

For example: Between a AWD and FWD CX-9 Gt the AWD might be slower or faster in some comparisons.

When the judges come to pick cars from different brands, they can visually distinguish from the AWD, FWD, RWD.

Also I like my car to be different as the others. I prefer to take emblems away, but Mazda uses grommets instead of Sticky back emblems.

My sister in Law, Brother in Law and Me have Mazda's CX-9 GT's with the same color, I want my car to be different, that's all.

A reasonable and detailed explanation.

Thanks for not berating me for asking a simple question. \

As I said in a previous post, I like that Mazda didn't put a lot of emblems on the CX9. Toyota and GM are really bad about that.

I put the Volvo AWD emblem on my CX-9 too, simply to dress it up.

Same reason I put this call out on the fender of my weekend driver.

DSCF1114.jpg

I would note that Mazda is one of the few (if only?) manufacturers that does not put an AWD badge on their so-equipped vehicles. I remember when I bought mine I had to look at each individual window sticker to see if it had AWD, vs. walking down the line looking for badges.

I Also added a AWD emblem, because CX-9 look alike no matter if it is the Basic,AWD. FWD or GT Etc....

From the back they are the same, I just wanted to distinguish mine from the FWD.

Force 1 : I think you probably have to change from 430 to 600 HP emblem later on when you add any other performance upgrade to the Vette

Back