S-Plan vs Invoice

TravelinMan

:
2008 CX-9 GT
The dealer just got the VIN for my order and with it the MSRP and invoice numbers. However, the 2008 S-Plan pricing was just released a few days ago on the Ford Partner website and the S-Plan price is about $400 less than the "dealer" invoice. Can anyone shed some light on this and why the difference.

Thanks,
T

Because the dealer invoice includes "Regional Marketing" or similar charges. The Invoice you see on Edmunds, KBB, MSN Autos are actual Factory/Manufacturer invoices.

Remember, even if you buy at Factory Invoice, the Mazda dealer still makes 2% of MSRP as holdback and additional few hundred in Floorplan allowance. The floorplan allowance dwindles away the longer the car sits on the lot.

Hope this helps.

Because the dealer invoice includes "Regional Marketing" or similar charges. The Invoice you see on Edmunds, KBB, MSN Autos are actual Factory/Manufacturer invoices.

Remember, even if you buy at Factory Invoice, the Mazda dealer still makes 2% of MSRP as holdback and additional few hundred in Floorplan allowance. The floorplan allowance dwindles away the longer the car sits on the lot.

Hope this helps.

That is correct, the invoice on KBB.com is slightly higher than dealer invoice. I confirm that with my dealer

also, if a car is sold under S-plan, with buyer providing valid PIN, dealer also gets additional kickback for selling a S-plan car from MNAO.

How one gets s plan?...do they have something like the "Family and Neighbors" program like Ford,where a Ford employee can get you one of the 4 that Ford gives their employess evry year?.....help on this appreciated..

How one gets s plan?...do they have something like the "Family and Neighbors" program like Ford,where a Ford employee can get you one of the 4 that Ford gives their employess evry year?.....help on this appreciated..

The S-Plan from Mazda is part of the Ford Partner program that I receive through my employer. Don't really know more than that it is a benefit provided by my company.

personally i think S-Plan is a GREAT deal, one, you get a REALLY good price (like under dealer invoice), two, there's no negotiation, you pay exactly what is listed for S-Plan customers.

Go for it man, and join the Mazda family :D

Back