Rear Bumper Adjustment :)

:
Mazdaspeed6
i dunno, i think it looks fckin sexy (first)
like titties and beer sexy, its just so good!

Attachments

• 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    335.3 KB · Views: 587
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 451
  • 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    416.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 356
  • 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    383.4 KB · Views: 768
yep yep, i really like this exhaust actually. and it looks awesome now that you can see it! i'm just trying to decide whether to paint the plastic part of the bumper the same as my car ?? i have body work being done on monday (notice the passenger taillight :/ ). so let me know what you all think about that, i may have them do it.

i'm also really toying with the idea of painting the pieces that surround the fog lights the same color as my car too..i think it would look bad ass

hey finally someone on here that sucked it up and cut there bumper.. looks rlly good man. +1(2thumbs)

yep yep, i really like this exhaust actually. and it looks awesome now that you can see it! i'm just trying to decide whether to paint the plastic part of the bumper the same as my car ?? i have body work being done on monday (notice the passenger taillight :/ ). so let me know what you all think about that, i may have them do it.

i'm also really toying with the idea of painting the pieces that surround the fog lights the same color as my car too..i think it would look bad ass

Personally speaking...I would leave it just as it is. :)

ya i just dropped it off a few hours ago..i decided to hold off on the bumper paint, even though i think it would look sick..sigh ;)

Did you remove those two pieces when you did this or just cut them while they were on the car? I really like the look - might do this one day. I think slightly more material off the bottom edges would look even better, so its more of a semi circle. But either way looks nice man.

thanks guys!! i cut the pieces while they were on the car, i had to be careful not to scratch the exhaust tips, it wasn't hard at all though. to be completely honest those pictures just don't look as good as it does in RL! it just looks awesome, completely changed the attitude of the car IMO.

my friend says it looks like more like an audi now LOL, which i guess it kinda does, i dunno i love it.

edit: and as far as where i cut it, there are an infinite number of angles you can cut it at. angled up, angled down, curved cut, straight cut, rounded edges, sharp edges, low cut to hang around the tips, high cut for no drop (semi-circle, which FYI someone on this forum has pics of).
you can make it look however you want easily, i was going for a sharp aggressive look that kept the bumper low. and anyone with magnaflow exhaust should do something with their bumper, the mufflers are awesome looking ;)

Last edited:
Damn...that looks good. I should of thought of this back when I bought the MF exhaust. I liked the tips of the MF but didn't think of cutting the plastic shroud. Good job man!

i marked my lines with a white washable marker(i liked the washable, because i changed my mind like 4 times before cutting it ;-p), and i used a small hack saw with a fine blade to cut it. then i used fine grit sandpaper to smooth the edges, although they really didn't need it to bad. you just have to be careful not to mark anything with the blade(which is why i went with the hacksaw over my grinder), or scuff the surface with the sandpaper.

oh and thanks for the compliment! i get them lots just driving down the street now, seems to have boosted the overall eye-candy factor of my car ;)

i marked my lines with a white washable marker(i liked the washable, because i changed my mind like 4 times before cutting it ;-p), and i used a small hack saw with a fine blade to cut it. then i used fine grit sandpaper to smooth the edges, although they really didn't need it to bad. you just have to be careful not to mark anything with the blade(which is why i went with the hacksaw over my grinder), or scuff the surface with the sandpaper.

oh and thanks for the compliment! i get them lots just driving down the street now, seems to have boosted the overall eye-candy factor of my car ;)

Using a piece of masking tape over your mark line before cutting might also make the cut a bit cleaner, just a word of advice for anyone else who tries this.

a few posts back i saw that there was an FYI about a semi circle.. i dunno if ur talking about what i did but its the same process as done here. of course i had to compliment huge 4 inch carbon ti's and not magnaflows but yeah i got pics if anyones interested to see a one off exhaust.. sound clips too.

not my cup of tea, but if you like it then thats all that matters. i personally love the way its intergrated already, now only if Cp-e would hurry with the dual exhaust.

Back