Variable Swirl Control System Shutter Valve TSB

dutchbuffalo

:
2007 mazdaspeed6
My CEL came on yesterday so I drove to my dealership to have it looked at and it was because of a stuck Variable Swirl Control System Shutter Valve and they said there was a TSB out for it so it was done quick and I was in and out in 20 minutes. I have also had my purge valve throw a CEL, is there any other valve problem's that are known for this car. I'm not even at my first oil change yet and I've had 2 CEL's and am just wondering what else to expect to go wrong.

I see your car's a 2007 - same here but so far the car's been awesome for me - no CEL's or anything gone wrong.

My CEL came on yesterday so I drove to my dealership to have it looked at and it was because of a stuck Variable Swirl Control System Shutter Valve and they said there was a TSB out for it so it was done quick and I was in and out in 20 minutes. I have also had my purge valve throw a CEL, is there any other valve problem's that are known for this car. I'm not even at my first oil change yet and I've had 2 CEL's and am just wondering what else to expect to go wrong.

those are the only two cel issues i have heard of. otherwise most of the issue should have been fixed before the 07 release...

Near as I can tell, the Variable Tumble Control System, aka Swirl Valve is used to increase the speed of the air in the intake by causing a restriction so the air flows faster. Ultimately this is a restriction on the intake so I have two questions:

1. Can we remove it?
B. Has anyone tried this?

Change the B to a 3 in the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
if its similar to the vtcs used on the fsde then odds are you can remove it, but dont expect much of a difference, its not that big of a restriction at WOT as it is pretty thin. I didnt notice much difference on my FSDET anyways.

Back