2 Interior ???s

mixmasterlove

Contributor
Does anyone know if :

1. You can use the retractable cargo cover WITH the power rear door? The website says no.

2. Has anyone tried replacing the wood on the GT, with the black from the sport? I am thinking of a GT, but I HATE the wood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if :

1. You can use the retractable cargo cover WITH the power rear door? The website says no.

2. Has anyone tried replacing the wood on the GT, with the black from the sport? I am thinking of a GT, but I HATE the wood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. There is another thread that discusses this. If I remember correctly, the driver's side panel is shaped differently and prohibits the use of the cover.

2. I know the center console "wood" trim panels just pop off. I would assume that the others do as well. You should probably check with your parts department for prices on the black parts. Once you get them, it will probably be pretty obvious how get the originals off.

I am gonna check a part dept. tomorrow, because I called Montgomery Mazda today, and they said that I would have to buy the center console, and the 2 door panel...like 1500.00, but I think they were wrong. F*&( that, I will just buy the dash kit.

Power liftgate and cargo cover are incompatible. We have a dark blanket stored in the cubbyhole below the floor in case we feel like concealing things while parked. I probably wouldn't have gotten the power liftgate if I had known about the limitation ahead of time; I would have preferred the cargo cover...

This is a bizarre design mistake. Anyone know of an aftermarket semi-permanent solution (other than the "Blue Blankey Method")?

FiveG

any particular reason you need the GT? we got the Sport because all the T and GT add is expensive gimmicks. You also get a better ride in the Sport.

A few reasons. First, try finding an AWD Sport. Sure they theoretically exist, but not on any dealer lot. Second, I'm not buying another vehicle without factory nav, and in-dash navigation is only available on the GT. I have a whole bunch of handheld and portable GPS units, but installing them in a car is always a jerry-rigged clunky solution that I don't want to deal with; in-dash is worth the premium for me. I like HID headlights; they truly do make me more comfortable at night. And I like the gadgets that come along as well (8-way power seat with memory, Bluetooth cell phone connectivity, and some other niceties). The 20" wheels really do look great as well. I don't find the ride the slightest bit choppy; we did test drive both a T and a GT, and frankly I didn't feel a difference at all between the 18" and the 20" in terms of ride quality. As stated above, I could have lived without the power liftgate.

So you think veiled insults are appropriate after someone takes the time to politely respond to your request. Okay.

P.S. I prefer running water and indoor toiletry as well, Gramps.

I agree the GT was worth the money. It added many features as listed above that, in my opinion were worth the money; Bluetooth, side view turn indicators, Xenon, memory seats (my wife is only 5' 2"), etc.

Power liftgate and cargo cover are incompatible. We have a dark blanket stored in the cubbyhole below the floor in case we feel like concealing things while parked. I probably wouldn't have gotten the power liftgate if I had known about the limitation ahead of time; I would have preferred the cargo cover...

I might end up going that route ( blanket). I drove the 07 and the 08, and you REALLY do feel a difference.

FWIW the rear windows are dark enough that it isn't as if things are on display for the public unless someone is awful persistent with their nose up to the glass. Turns out we bought the cargo cover (ordered it from the dealer) as part of our purchase price. When we (and they) found out it was truly incompatible, we raised a large enough stink that the dealership installed the Sirius option for us, and covered both the unit itself and installation; we just picked up the cost of the $120 switchbox. So the $280ish cargo cover turned into a $600ish radio; and my wife feels good about the car and the deal now, even though she did want that cover.

FWIW the rear windows are dark enough that it isn't as if things are on display for the public unless someone is awful persistent with their nose up to the glass. Turns out we bought the cargo cover (ordered it from the dealer) as part of our purchase price. When we (and they) found out it was truly incompatible, we raised a large enough stink that the dealership installed the Sirius option for us, and covered both the unit itself and installation; we just picked up the cost of the $120 switchbox. So the $280ish cargo cover turned into a $600ish radio; and my wife feels good about the car and the deal now, even though she did want that cover.

IF i go WITHOUT Sirius radio, do I still need "the switch box" to play my ipod or is it just plug and play?

IF i go WITHOUT Sirius radio, do I still need "the switch box" to play my ipod or is it just plug and play?

The Aux port will work right away, right from the factory, just press "Media" on the stereo. The Aux port is a 1/8" stereo jack (just like a headphone cable), hidden in the center armrest/console, that will take any source, but the most likely purposes most people use it for are iPods or other MP3 players. There is also an iPod-specific integration kit that Mazda sells, which then lets you plug into the dock connector on the iPod. This allows the ipod to charge while you are listening to it, and the controls on the steering wheel and stereo allow (limited) control of the ipod. If you get the iPod integration kit, and don't get the switchbox, the Aux port will not work anymore. The addition of the switchbox allows both the iPod integration kit and the Aux port to continue to work. If you get Sirius radio, the Aux port will be disabled until you get the switchbox; then you have Sirius and Aux. You can't get both the iPod integration kit and Sirius; those are incompatible options. (there is evidently an un-supported hack referred to on the thread link below that allows both, but it evidently only works on CX-9's without navigation). The switchbox is buried away somewhere, and its presence allows buttons that are already on the radio anyway (Media and Sat) to do what they are supposed to. There isn't another visible switchbox or button that you need to play with. It's somewhat surprising that Mazda didn't just include the functionality already, and instead engineered this add-on kludge to make the stereo work the way it should have anyway.

In our CX-9, we have Sirius, we have the switchbox, and we use the Aux port to play our iPod.

check out this thread: click here for more information.

The Aux port will work right away, right from the factory, just press "Media" on the stereo. The Aux port is a 1/8" stereo jack (just like a headphone cable), hidden in the center armrest/console, that will take any source, but the most likely purposes most people use it for are iPods or other MP3 players. There is also an iPod-specific integration kit that Mazda sells, which then lets you plug into the dock connector on the iPod. This allows the ipod to charge while you are listening to it, and the controls on the steering wheel and stereo allow (limited) control of the ipod. If you get the iPod integration kit, and don't get the switchbox, the Aux port will not work anymore. The addition of the switchbox allows both the iPod integration kit and the Aux port to continue to work. If you get Sirius radio, the Aux port will be disabled until you get the switchbox; then you have Sirius and Aux. You can't get both the iPod integration kit and Sirius; those are incompatible options. (there is evidently an un-supported hack referred to on the thread link below that allows both, but it evidently only works on CX-9's without navigation). The switchbox is buried away somewhere, and its presence allows buttons that are already on the radio anyway (Media and Sat) to do what they are supposed to. There isn't another visible switchbox or button that you need to play with. It's somewhat surprising that Mazda didn't just include the functionality already, and instead engineered this add-on kludge to make the stereo work the way it should have anyway.

In our CX-9, we have Sirius, we have the switchbox, and we use the Aux port to play our iPod.

check out this thread: click here for more information.

Thanks for the heads up. What would I need and you recommend that I get? I have a charger already, but I do want to use the steering wheel ( just to change songs ). I will NOT have Sirius radio, but I wil have nav.. I still am having a HARD time figuring out which color to go with, because of the F&*KING black lower moldings. I have a Galaxy Gray CX-7 now, I had a silver Mazda 6, never had a BLACK car.....but I have OCD, and notice EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!! What color do you have ?

We have a Galaxy Grey CX-9. I think the iPod integration kit is a waste of money, and it precludes satellite radio anyway. And even if you don't care about satellite radio, you not only have to pay for the iPod kit, but another $120+ for the switchbox or the aux port doesn't work. Who knows if you will be using the same iPod dock connector for the rest of the life of the car. The Aux port will never be end of lifed.

You can get almost exactly the same functionality plugging it right into the aux port and buying a wireless ipod remote for $30 or so (we use the Griffin Airclick). If I was really into navigating the ipod while I was driving, I'd look into Harmon Kardon's DrivePlay (or the new DrivePlay2). Much better solution than Mazda's kit. Keep in mind that the Mazda iPod integration kit doesn't show any detailed ipod information on any screen in the vehicle, it is supposed to be pretty clunky to navigate playlists by number rather than name.

We have a Galaxy Grey CX-9. I think the iPod integration kit is a waste of money, and it precludes satellite radio anyway. And even if you don't care about satellite radio, you not only have to pay for the iPod kit, but another $120+ for the switchbox or the aux port doesn't work. Who knows if you will be using the same iPod dock connector for the rest of the life of the car. The Aux port will never be end of lifed.

You can get almost exactly the same functionality plugging it right into the aux port and buying a wireless ipod remote for $30 or so (we use the Griffin Airclick). If I was really into navigating the ipod while I was driving, I'd look into Harmon Kardon's DrivePlay (or the new DrivePlay2). Much better solution than Mazda's kit. Keep in mind that the Mazda iPod integration kit doesn't show any detailed ipod information on any screen in the vehicle, it is supposed to be pretty clunky to navigate playlists by number rather than name.
The aitclick is cool, but I need a wireless remote for a 80gb iPod video

Back