Blind spot system

mixmasterlove

Contributor
Does anyone know if the BSMS on the 08', has antennaes coming out of the bumper, or is this just a rumor? I also thought I saw a PIX posted on the site of a antennae on the bumper

No, why would you need an antenna coming out of the bumper for a Blind Spot System?

It uses a pair of rear-facing cameras mounted in the side-view mirrors.

Cameras????????????????/...I thought it is an alarm that sounds inside the car..ala VOLVO....2 sensors one in each side of the car ...same as the Volvo has an "early warning" system when you get too close to another object

The Blind Spot Monitoring System on the Mazda CX9 is a RADAR sensor system which sits BEHIND the plastic bumper, so it is completely invisible from the outside. The system detects and warns for Dynamic Objects which are moving in the "Blind spot zone". The first level of warning is simply a yellow Icon lighting in the side mirror. If, however, you use your signal and a moving object is in the blind spot in the direction you signal, a second "audible" alarm will warn you. I believe the Mazda website has further information about the BSM.

I had taken my first 6 hour round trip in the car today and the BSM is a very useful tool. I am very impressed with how it works.

Just don't get too dependant on it, works great but when you hop in another car the little yellow signals aren't there. (stoned)

Back