any vancouver mazda5 GS owners?

kyoshiro

:
Mazda 5
any of you tried getting cruise control installed by the dealers here? if so how much and which one? After a trip down to bellingham today, i think cruise control will make me a happy man. Oh and anyone know if we can get the long stream lining roof racks instead of the ugly cross bars?

That's like an hour drive, isn't it? Well... I guess it depends on how long you sit at the border.

I drive to crazy to use cruise control on a stretch like that. (smoke)

any of you tried getting cruise control installed by the dealers here? if so how much and which one? After a trip down to bellingham today, i think cruise control will make me a happy man. Oh and anyone know if we can get the long stream lining roof racks instead of the ugly cross bars?

Dealer installed CC

I just drove my new (to me) 06 down to Los Angeles and back. I'm so used to cruise control being standard that I stupidly didn't check to see if this car had it before I bought. It has everything else (automatic rain sensors, headlights, antilock breaks, traction control, you name it). Anyway, my right ankle gets a little stiff after 8 hour a day driving. I saw on another forum a guy from Quebec said he had a dealer install OEM cruise on his Mazda 5 for about C$300, so I went to Wolfe Mazda here in Vancouver BC and had them look it up. At first the guy said it wasn't available, but later he looked up the parts individually and priced them at C$709 for the module and $179 for the switch. Add labour and you're probably looking at C$1300. I'd like to find out whether this is the only solution.

Cruise parts

Maybe try a wrecker? The 5 has been around long enough that there should be a few there. Not sure if the parts off the 3 are the same.

Shop around, some dealers may give you a better price.

And if Bellingham is the furthest you drive to, don't bother. I'd understand if you drove to Seattle but Bellingham is just 30 minutes once you cross the border. Not really worth it...

Maybe try a wrecker? The 5 has been around long enough that there should be a few there. Not sure if the parts off the 3 are the same.

Call you local Mazda Dealer for the Cruise Control KIT for the Mazda 5. It was me who invented the kit...Kit costs $290 plus taxes installed in ontario

Cheers

Thanks Z5Z, I took the part numbers that you mentioned in the other thread to the same dealer and he came up with more reasonable numbers, but still around $450 with install. I think I'll get the parts off a 3 at the wrecker and put them in myself as per the pictoral.

Thanks Z5Z, I took the part numbers that you mentioned in the other thread to the same dealer and he came up with more reasonable numbers, but still around $450 with install. I think I'll get the parts off a 3 at the wrecker and put them in myself as per the pictoral.

Please just buy the parts and have a licenced mechanic install the switch as this requires removing the steering wheel and airbag...

PS find a good private mechanic who knows mazdas and tell your dealer to shove it...(dance)

Back