Re-alignment after installing new rims

CameraCrew

:
2007 Mazda5
Is it a good idea? I'm installing new rims soon and wonder if I should have the front end aligned or not while it's at the installer.
Opinions or feedback?
Thankee Kindlee.

Nope

You won't have to. What are you putting on?

Is it a good idea? I'm installing new rims soon and wonder if I should have the front end aligned or not while it's at the installer.
Opinions or feedback?
Thankee Kindlee.

its not required you do so but if you are wanting to make sure your tires will wear evenly then it might be a good idea to get it checked out. more then likely your alignment specs were out when you drove the car out the dealerships parking lot;)

I would do it just to maximize tire life.... it's not necessary but if your spending $$$ on rims and tires, you might as well pay a little more to have it properly aligned.....

You won't have to. What are you putting on?

These:
m388.jpg

Here is a link to the wheel now: http://www.americanracing.com/appguide/fifth.asp?section=app&year=2007&make=MAZDA&model=5&style=388&id=1277

They should be in this week.

Last edited:
Look a bit like mine!

Are you putting on 225 - 45's? You will have more options at that size... which means less $$

Look a bit like mine!

Are you putting on 225 - 45's? You will have more options at that size... which means less $$

Your pic shows a seven spoke wheel...nothing like the 5 spoke I'm getting...did you change wheels since your pics were posted?
I'm keeping the stock tires.

If you do a lot of driving then I would certainly recommend as well for tire life.

Back