Anyone installed or watched installation of switching box?

palooka23

I was wondering what is involved. Is it worth the dealer doing the work?
Most of the time, dealers will f*** up something during the install. I trust MY workmanship. I would do it if it were pretty straightforward and clear without the use of too many special tools.......

Thanks in advance

Can anyone elaborate a little bit more?
I called a local dealer that stated "its got a 50/50 shot at working"
Of course with that confidence level, I will not be taking my vehicle there.

When I asked the service guy, there are not too many people asking for this add-on. I couldnt beleive that to be true.

Crap, I think you're right. Perhaps its a temporary redesign on the site, but who knows. Anyone live close enough to that dealership to go talk to the web guys and confirm that the information will be reposted? I wished I downloaded it all when I had the chance.

Here are the ones relevant to switch box installation...

-Jeff

Attachments

• IPod_Switch_Box_(CX9)_.pdf
    231.3 KB · Views: 2,291
  • Ipod_Integration_Module_(CX9)_.pdf
    365.1 KB · Views: 1,217
  • Satellite_Radio_Install_(CX9).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 919
Here are the ones relevant to switch box installation...

-Jeff

I note that the Ipod integration connection to the iPhone or iPod is in the glove box. Is there any reason the connector could not be routed to the center console instead? The center console would be more convenient as the driver doesn't need to lean across to fiddle with hook up in the glove box.

The cable they installed for my 2010 CX9 easily has enough slack to have reached to the center console, although you'd have to drill a hole for it as I don't see a knockout anywhere. However, I was rather surprised to learn that this particular cable is a true 'dock connector' in that once you attach your iPod, it goes into 'dock connector' mode meaning you can't even do anything with the iPod....all control of the device is re-routed to the head unit.

This obviously doesn't apply to iPhones, which can still be used in phone or GPS mode, but I don't really have a problem with my iPod (older iPod Touch model) staying in the glove box 24/7. I pull it out about once a week to re-sync with iTunes but otherwise, its a slave to the CX9's head unit.

However, I was rather surprised to learn that this particular cable is a true 'dock connector' in that once you attach your iPod, it goes into 'dock connector' mode meaning you can't even do anything with the iPod....all control of the device is re-routed to the head unit.

This obviously doesn't apply to iPhones, which can still be used in phone or GPS mode, but I don't really have a problem with my iPod (older iPod Touch model) staying in the glove box 24/7. .

Yes, I understand. However, with an iPhone you are likely to pick it up and take it with you when you leave the car, hence the desire to have it docked somewhere more convenient for the driver than in the glove box.

I've got a 2007 CX-9 with factory installed Navi and Sirius. Will this device work to activate the AUX jack in my center glove box?

I have the same scenario - Navi and Sirius for a 2007 CX-9. I have the aux phono plug in the center console and would like to activate it. Has the part number for the switch changed or is it still TD13-79-CFZ?

Craig

I've read that if you have both sirius and navi, the switchbox won't work?? I'd love to hear from anyone with this configuration that has acutally got it working before I spend $120. BTW, I think the P/N is an old one. Check this link, they talk about a new P/N.

http://www.mazdaparts.org/audio.html

Its too bad that we can't use Harness (b) for the iPod integration module. Does anyone know how to use both a Sirius receiver with an iPod integration module?

Capture-MazdaSwitchBox.png

Back