20" GT wheels/tires???????????????

rk2112

:
Mazda CX-9 GT
I just ordered a 08 CX-9 GT and I have read a lot of articles saying how harsh the ride is on the GT due to the 20" wheels/tires. I was wondering from those of you out there that have a GT CX-9, what are your thoughts/opinions of the ride quality? (I have a Nissan Murano SE right now and I read so many things about how much harder the SE rode than the SL model. In my opinion their are no problems with the ride quality of my MO SE. I have also owned sports cars most of my life). Thanks for your help in advance!

When I test drove the CX-9 GT it felt great...certainly much better than a Volvo s60 I was in one time with the rear end clunking over little bumps. Also, it is better than feeling sick floating down the road like some Buicks I have been in. You want zoom zoom you best go with the more connected sporty wheel/tire pkg.

I do not find the ride on our CX9-GT harsh and I am even running higher tire pressure than recommended (36psi). I think it is firm and gives very good road feedback for a CUV. Then again, maybe I am just used to my Subaru Legacy GT on 215/45/18 with Bilsteins and STi springs :lol:

If you're driving a Murano SE, you'll be just fine with the 20" GT rims/tires. When you first take her home, the ride will be a little harsh due to the suspension not broken in yet. After about 600 miles or so, things will run smooth, firm, agile...not harsh at all.

20" rims = "Zoom" factor and "Bling" factor IMHO :)

The ride is firm, but not harsh. My GT AWD corners like a Cup Car on a road course. Super ride!

I didn't think it would be much different from my Murano. Thanks for all your replies!!

I concur firm, but not harsh. It bothers me only when I'm on an older concrete freeway with the wavy bumps.

Tires on 20" GT Wheels/

The brand of tire on the 20" wheel would make a HUGE difference in the ability for the suspension to handle bumps and the generated harshness and noise. What are the tires that Mazda uses on the CX-9 20 inch wheels?

^ Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 on mine. I think there are some on Goodyears too but I do not know the model.

Wow! and they are $184/tire on Tirerack.com

The bad news is that they are the most expensive all-season tires available.
The good news is that Mazda did not cheap out but rather installed the most expensive tires as OE.
:)

^ 'ya think? My Legacy's OEM rubber costs $192 each in 215/45/17 but performance sucks big time.

If you're driving a Murano SE, you'll be just fine with the 20" GT rims/tires. When you first take her home, the ride will be a little harsh due to the suspension not broken in yet. After about 600 miles or so, things will run smooth, firm, agile...not harsh at all.
20" rims = "Zoom" factor and "Bling" factor IMHO :)

Well, I have only 325 miles and already liked very much the ride and felt it was great, very stable, firm on the positive side, sporty, so wondering how can it get better after 600miles? hehe

Definitely the best choice are the 20 inch rims, not only for the qualities mentioned above, but as well for the bling factor, and for the huge atraction those rims get most of the time , in the few days I had the car, it has been notorious just how many drivers stare at this car rims, especially on a stop light or intersection.

A lot of people just look at the car.. they ask questions too.. I have a 07 GT AWD Black Cherry Mica.. and love it.

Back