Installed the Standback

:
Mazda, Speed6
Hey all I installed my standback yesterday. I have heard people say it "wakes up" the car. But good lord it must have been in its REM sleep.
Installation was easy, instructions were on point. I soldered everything in.
Kinda sucks cutting that first wire, no going back from there....
Data display is neat too with the computer. You see all the stuff CP-E talked about. Although I don't have anything on A/F wideband. Don't know if I have to get something extra for that.

The spool-up is good. The kick in is very exciting. BSSST.(rofl2)

So if anyone is in the South Eastern Virginia area, that wants this put in for them, give me a shout. I'll do it cheap.

Oh an thank you for all the maps that I got I am bouncing them off of one another seeing what does what. Using my own tune though for you naysayers. AND I will share it once I get it.

Heck yea, congratulations.

PM me or email me if you have questions, maybe I can help. Otherwise, bother Jordan. ;)

yah the CEL keeps coming back. The last time it was a lean condition I need to check to see what it was this time....porbably the same thing. Is it cause I am not in VTA for the CPE tune?

You should only run the VTA tune if you're BOV is set to VTA. If it's in recirc, you should not be running the VTA. I forget what the stock "program setup" parameters are but the VTA settings in the fuel map are -81. In order to go back to normal, change the -81 settings to zero. This important because if you're running the bov in recirc and the standback in VTA, you're causing a fuel cut but still letting the air into the engine. Air and no fuel = lean and dangerous.

thats what i figured but I could not explain that to my wife. I am going to go put it in recirc you said change -81 to 0.

hey man congrats on the install... im still waiting for mine to come in... anyway u could do a write up or a how to on this i mean i was going to do it after i put mine in since no one has done a wirte up yet.. just throwing it out there...

Ok, so I went to my guy to get tuned today. The time it would take to scale the MAF for the AEM CAI is around 4hrs. If everything was tuned using CPE intake then you are fine. I hope..... 330$ is alot for an intake. CPE gets you in this little damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. So I spent my money on the intake. waiting for that to come in. then I will take it back. My guy told jordan how much he charged and hour and Jordan laughed at him. heh. He is charging me even less than that.

The MAF scaler is there just incase you do not want to change intakes. But the time to tune it would outweigh the cost I believe

dada I will have lots of cool Info for you soon. you and Chris-BE Thanks very much. With those maps I could figure out where to tweak and what not to touch! You guys rock.

I've got the 3" TBE, FMIC, and X-cel intake....Does anyone have a base map for all the CP-E bolt ons? I'd like to have it here waiting so I have something to tune off of when my standback gets here.

-Chris

MUSOM has that setup and is tuned. PM him. Even if he charges it should be worth it. His tune was done at Altered Atmosphere in Gaithersburg, MD.

Ok, so I went to my guy to get tuned today. The time it would take to scale the MAF for the AEM CAI is around 4hrs. If everything was tuned using CPE intake then you are fine. I hope..... 330$ is alot for an intake. CPE gets you in this little damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. So I spent my money on the intake. waiting for that to come in. then I will take it back. My guy told jordan how much he charged and hour and Jordan laughed at him. heh. He is charging me even less than that.

The MAF scaler is there just incase you do not want to change intakes. But the time to tune it would outweigh the cost I believe

dada I will have lots of cool Info for you soon. you and Chris-BE Thanks very much. With those maps I could figure out where to tweak and what not to touch! You guys rock.

I don't get it... do you say that the CP-E Standback comes with maps for their parts ONLY? No base or performance map for non-modified cars? If so, then (notcool)

Following this thread closely. My standback is going in tonight and I've got the AEM. Chris-BE I got the tune from you on the 6 forum but it looks like I will have a lot of work to do. :(

I am not saying that it won't work at all. But yes they tuned it with their intake. You can tune any intake into the system using the MAF scaler. It just will cost you.

the maf will make the fuel trims slightly different between the various intakes. the tunes CP-E give you will not be WAY OFF if you do not have their intake. any dyno shop telling you it would take several hours to adjust for the different maf housing is butt friggin stupid, and should not be tuning cars (or just trying to screw an unsuspecting customer) if they tune the boost, timing, and A/F to be at a aggressive yet safe ratio, you will be fine.
i had a long talk about the standback with some of the guys at CP-E last week. now mine is comming soon !!

Did we ever get a thread up about how much the tunes are costing speed6 owners on average? I'll be taking my car in pretty soon and I want to make sure I know wtf i'm doin and whats going on.

I want to be prepared to walk in... get a quote.. and laugh at them as I leave letting them know how ******* stupid they are to expect so much!

I know there are some good shops around who... while they do charge a pretty penny... will do it till its right... I'm not willing to pay someone per hour... to **** around and mess up over and over... NEVER PAY PER HOUR... that just gives them more of a reason to take longer...

Back