Tpms

Craig-CX9

Does anyone know of a handheld TPMS reader that we could use to check the tire pressure? It would be nice to check the tire pressure without using a gauge and removing the cap. Why not use the TPMS that's already mounted to the wheel? Also, it would be good to test the TPMS before bringing your car to be serviced to see if they are properly set and not damaged after tire work.
Craig

ipod and sirius

hey i found a way to have both ipod and sirius. I modified the switch box with some hard work and was successful. for a small fee i can mod your switch box if you would like...get back to me . gojoe1971@optonline.net

..the biggest caution with the TPMS is that when you ahve a flat and want it repaired from the inside (which is the only way I fix flats) or when buying new tires the guy doing the job HAS to be notified otherwise he can break the small sending unit attached to the inside of the rim..

It looks like it uses its own valve cover transmitters, not the TPMS transmitters installed in the CX-9 wheels.

Thanks OMF. The system you mention above is now on sales for $99. I'm thinking of getting it. However, if I can get one that can be integrated into my NAV systems I'm willing to pay the extra cost.

I heard that some of the American model have it. Where is TPMS information displayed, on NAV screen?

Last edited:
I like the external TPMS system that OMF linked to.. Are there other externals? I saw this one: http://aplumdeal.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1708639 just by searching around but I haven't found anyone who has tried it. I also saw one style that is flow-through which would allow you to adjust tire pressure without removing the sensor/cap.

I know this would be an add-on to the existing system, but at least you would have real time pressures.

Thank you,
Craig

Mazda TPMS Installation

I have purchased Wheels from Tire rack with the TPMS sensors. Does anyone know the installation procedures including the torque settings to install the sensors? I do not want to go to the dealer?

Thank you.

I have purchased Wheels from Tire rack with the TPMS sensors. Does anyone know the installation procedures including the torque settings to install the sensors? I do not want to go to the dealer?

Thank you.
I think you still need to go to dealer to register those new sensors to the ECU even if you can install them onto the wheels yourself. Am I wrong?

Check the owner's manual; registration of new sensors is really simple. The car just has to sit for like 15 minutes (maybe on or something, check the manual) and then drive for 10 miles and it "learns" the new sensor ids.

I just had new rims and Blizzards installed last Sunday with new TPMS from Tire Rack and there was nothing I had to do! Tire Rack installed the TPMS, mounted and balanced the tires and shipped them complete for simple install onto my CX-9.

I was expecting and indicator light for a few miles, but nothing. The sensor light is dark and I've had nothing to do. Real simple.

Back