Will these fit our Speed6 ?

Hey I just found these rims on ebay and they look decent but I'm not sure about the size. They are 19 x 7.5 with a 42mm offset. Here's the link if anyone want's to chime in with their thoughts.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/19-Gunmetal-JDM-...ryZ43959QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

I will say no. The lowest offset that can be installed on the speed 6 without rubbing issues are +48, and possibly +45mm but that is pushing it. The fronts will not likely be the problem but it is the rears where your tires will contact the rear quarterpanels. The inside edge is not rolled like vw's for instance. There is about 1/2" edge all the way around. Unless you plan on rolling that edge in, I would not recommend getting +42mm offset. I personally have a +48 offset on my speed6 right now and just by visually observing how close my tires are to that edge, I dont see how I can possibly go any lower without tire contact, especially if you lower the vehicle.

Last edited:
I had a +43 mm offset on my car with 225 series tires and did have some rubbing issues, but a quick roll will fix that.

according to the auction these will fit anything, even a car that doesn't exist:

Mazda Protg MP3 2002 (only made in 2001 for those who didnt know)

Also what tire would you recommend for this rim on our Speed6 that would fit nicely, my car isn't lowered any either.

That is a pretty cheap price for 19" rims. That leads me to think that the quality of these rims may be suspect.

Edit: I had never heard of RSL before, but they seem to be the entry level wheels for Golden Apple Corporation in Cali. Again, not sure how robust they will be.

Post pics if you get 'em.
R

Last edited:
That is a pretty cheap price for 19" rims. That leads me to think that the quality of these rims may be suspect.

Edit: I had never heard of RSL before, but they seem to be the entry level wheels for Golden Apple Corporation in Cali. Again, not sure how robust they will be.

Post pics if you get 'em.
R

I would question the weight too. They look like they would be light, but looks can be deceiving. The last thing you want is to buy what look like racing wheels and they weigh 30 lbs each...

Latest posts

Back