Key code number plate

eldo64

Hi all - We just got a new '07 CX-9 GT AWD this weekend. I'm just browsing through the user's manual now to learn more about the smart card key system and noticed discussion about a "Key code number plate". "A code number is stamped on the plate attached to the key set; detach this plate and store it
in a safe place (not in the vehicle) for use if you need to make a replacement key" I didn't receive one of these with the 2 smart card keys - should I have?

Chad

You should have received a small metal tag on your key set which contains a 5 digit number.
Call the dealer and find out what happened to it.

Hi all - We just got a new '07 CX-9 GT AWD this weekend. I'm just browsing through the user's manual now to learn more about the smart card key system and noticed discussion about a "Key code number plate". "A code number is stamped on the plate attached to the key set; detach this plate and store it
in a safe place (not in the vehicle) for use if you need to make a replacement key" I didn't receive one of these with the 2 smart card keys - should I have?

Chad

You should have one. Here is a pic of the one I received when I bought my MX-5

Attachments

• 100_0765_edited copy.jpg
    100_0765_edited copy.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,233
Back