My '08 Came In Last Night

mazda7

:
17 CX5 GT AWD/19 CX5 SIGNATURE
My 08 arrived from Tacoma yesterday about 5p.m. Went down and took a look through it and picked up the manuals. They'll clean it up and PDI on Monday and I will go get it that afternoon. Funny that while I was looking at it a salesman came up and said that this one was sold to one of his customers and I said huh, wonder why I have the keys. They had 3 08's that came in yesterday and I think the salespeople are more excited than the customers.

(first)Congratulations! Looking forward to your '08 pics and first impression!

Please let me know your Navigation DVD version.

Really looking forward to hearing first impressions of the new engine!!!

My 08 arrived from Tacoma yesterday about 5p.m. Went down and took a look through it and picked up the manuals. They'll clean it up and PDI on Monday and I will go get it that afternoon. Funny that while I was looking at it a salesman came up and said that this one was sold to one of his customers and I said huh, wonder why I have the keys. They had 3 08's that came in yesterday and I think the salespeople are more excited than the customers.

When did you order you CX-9, what dealership, and what was your final price?

I would like to hear from you about the new engine and what kind of deal you got too. I am going Friday to the dealer. He is going to let me bring an '07 home to make sure it fits in my garage. If it does I will probably end up ordering an '08.

Congrats!!!

Can you tell us if the Blind Spot Sensor was on your CX-9? Seems to be some confusion as to whether this is standard on GT's or an option item.

What A Ride It Is

WELL, Here is the low down after 3 days in the 08!
Today is Mazda's official release of the 08's from the ports. My guy told the regional rep that he already had 5 shipped to Salt Lake City along with mine on Saturday.
Extra horsepower is GOOD
Extra Torgue is GREAT

Got GT AWD IN PEARL WHITE/ SAND INTERIOR
GT ASSIST
TOW
ROOF AND BOSE
CARGO MAT AND WHEEL LOCKS

COST $37145
BOUGHT IN SALT LAKE. THEY HAVE 2 LEFT RIGHT NOW
Update you when my wife lets me take it again!

WELL, Here is the low down after 3 days in the 08!
Today is Mazda's official release of the 08's from the ports. My guy told the regional rep that he already had 5 shipped to Salt Lake City along with mine on Saturday.
Extra horsepower is GOOD
Extra Torgue is GREAT

Got GT AWD IN PEARL WHITE/ SAND INTERIOR
GT ASSIST
TOW
ROOF AND BOSE
CARGO MAT AND WHEEL LOCKS

COST $37145
BOUGHT IN SALT LAKE. THEY HAVE 2 LEFT RIGHT NOW
Update you when my wife lets me take it again!

So what was the total m.s.r.p. vs. what you actually paid for it?

Are there any other added features? Any trip details? Any updates with iPod interface/AUX input swithc?

Thanks in adavance,
Craig

Just picked up my '08 GT AWD on the 23rd. The iPod interface/Aux input switch is same/useless just like the '07

But I will say...that 3.7 is sweet :)

Hi Steve,

I was originally going to by a '07 which they most dealers are trying to clear out. I had just finished test driving an 07 when I turned back into the lot and saw the '08. It was the colour my wife wanted and had all the options we were looking for. We went for a test drive 5 min later and the car just felt different. Smoother with a little more pep. I asked the dealer if something was different between the '08 and '07 and he told me that he knew nothing of the car. When they wrote up my bill of sale, they put down 3.5L as the engine size...however when I looked into the owners manual that is when I found out about the 3.7L. I then mentioned this to my salesman and all he said was...really??? So to answer your question...I took the '07 on a 10 min drive (freeway and city) and followed with the '08 over the exact same course 5 min later.

Hope this helps.

Al

Congrats!!!

Can you tell us if the Blind Spot Sensor was on your CX-9? Seems to be some confusion as to whether this is standard on GT's or an option item.

The BSS will not be available as standard equipment for the GT until about December. My dealer read me an internal memo that indicated the BSS's will be installed on CX-9's that are being manufactured from September on. I did just purchase an '08 GT and got in writing a promise to have the sensors installed for the parts price of $175 (already listed in their add-ons manual). The only thing they did not know yet is what will be involved to do that.

I have my fingers crossed it won't be a big deal.

Regards,
Gordo

Back