Mazda CX-9 = Audi Q7 minus lots of money

(hi)

I posted this comment on a different thread but thought it needed to stand out on it's own.... Has anyone else compared the CX-9 to the Audi Q7 ???

(nana)

The Audi has a great interior (materials, fit, & finish) but add a few options and you can be in the high 40's, low 50's in no time at all. That certainly eliminated it from my shopping list. Also per consumer reports the Audi's don't get extremely high reliability ratings and I am sure repair/service costs are high.

The Q7 is the only vehicle I could find that looks so close to the CX-9 in comparisons... The MDX is smaller, GM Lamdas bigger, the Veracruz is in about the same size range but it does not even have the newer tech HID headlights or LED tailights (as far as I saw anyway). Although the Q7 is slightly wider with a longer wheelbase it has less room inside...Mazda did an amazing packaging job with the CX-9 and the color choices are very upscale as well with a platinum silver (looks less cheap than basic silver) like the upperscale Q7 paintwork.

too much money!! I see where the base starts at $41,xxx, but loaded up goes to $62,xxx. Unbelievable! If they dropped the price a bit they could probably sell a lot of these.

It seems like all the German vehicles (Audi, Mercedes, BMW) are like that. They don't seem too bad at the base price, but once you equip them the same as the CX-9 the prices just get outrageous!!

The Q7 and Tourag are both way overpriced with a V6 because you are paying for the beefed up chassis that can handle bigger engines and towing capacity...but if you are buying a V6 you can't tow too much anyway...basically you are buying way more than what you need...quite a ripoff that many people don't realize. And some of it you are paying for the name also i guess.

The Q7 and Tourag are both way overpriced with a V6 because you are paying for the beefed up chassis that can handle bigger engines and towing capacity...but if you are buying a V6 you can't tow too much anyway...basically you are buying way more than what you need...quite a ripoff that many people don't realize. And some of it you are paying for the name also i guess.

I am glad the Tourag is overpriced. If not I would have bought one when they came out instead of my Murano. The first year Tourag was a reliability nightmare!!! I heard many stories people didn't even make it home from the dealer after the purchase when the electronic gremlins started to appear.

Oh my gord !! I have heard many many VW nightmares myself at my workplace...it was an almost daily occurrance people talkin about how to repair all their problems...now none of those people own VW at all and all is quiet in repairland !!!

Oh my gord !! I have heard many many VW nightmares myself at my workplace...it was an almost daily occurrance people talkin about how to repair all their problems...now none of those people own VW at all and all is quiet in repairland !!!

I had a 2003 VW Jetta GLI and LOVED the car! I put 70,000 miles on it with no problems. If it wasn't for the high price of the Tourag I would have bought on after the Jetta. Then I probably would have been one of those people stuck in the nightmare!!

For some reason Porsche wants to buy VW...maybe they are getting better or maybe they make a killing in the parts department....?

I watched a youtube video the other day and they were saying how the CX-9 looked like a Q7 from the front and a Porche Cayenne in the back. I think the CX-9 looks much better than the Q7 in the front and back myself....and the Porsche Cayenne RULES for starting the ultimate crossover shape/design to begin with !!!

Back