which one is the power wire?

slvrsleeper

:
2007 Mazda5 sport 5mt True Silver
On the 5 HU? I've had the stereo out and installed my XM but the CLA in the front console doesn't seem to provide enough juice to run it!? Sooooo I got the direct wire kit (which I should have done in the first place) and I want to tie in to the hot wire for the HU, reason being I'm certain THAT one is getting and supplying enough juice. So which one is it? The harness on the back of the HU is all unlabeled spaghetti and I wouldn't want to splice the wrong one. TIA, Ross(doh)

I didn't have a diagram when I tapped in to add a subwoofer, so I just used a multimeter. It was pretty easy. Anyway, this may help you:

mz5audiowd.jpg

That might as well be written in cyrilic! I was kinda hoping you could tell me which color wire is the right one. Usually black is the safe bet but I don't remember seeing any black wires in that harness.

Orange with indigo stripe? Is that what I see as the switched power wire? My electrical is fuzzy, and I couldn't see the pic posted from work (stupid filters).

S'okay I changed my mind about hard-wiring the CLA anyhow. I just ran it out through a small hole over the CLA plug in the console. I usually use that plug for my daughters DVD player on long trips, which precludes me listening to the radio. Thanks for your help guys!

Back