Flow Thru Ventilation

07MZ5SA

:
2007 Mazda 5
Does MZ5 have flow thru ventilation? If so, where is/are the exit vent(s)?

I plan to install a solar panel on the dash board but would like the exhaust fan hidden. At a flip of a switch. I can choose to run the fan or charge the battery.

Here in Houston you can't leave windows crack open since weather changes back and forth in matter of minutes.

Last edited:
I don't think the 5 has flow-through ventilation. I haven't been able to find any exit vents in the back or sides of the car. Also on my recent road trip to Ohio I noticed that with the fan shut off the amount of air coming out of the vents is minimal. I wonder if one could vent the rear body plastic and get some semblance of flow-through?

I just had the rear bumper off my 5 and there are rubber flaps just behind each rear wheel that I assume can only be for ventillation. There are two flaps on each side that only flop out(with air pressure??) but otherwise would remain closed. Seem way to big to be a drain

That makes sense except that I couldn't find any way for air to get out to the fender-well. There doesn't seem to be any vents or slots in the interior plastic that allow air-flow. Maybe it just trickles out through the extra speaker grilles in the storage cubbies behind the third row of seats?

They're called 'extractor grilles'. Basically they do allow the pressure inside the cabin to be released. If you DIDN'T have them, you'd have an awefully hard time shutting a door......
I don't think the 5 has flow through, because there is an "off" setting for the fan. On ye olde Neon there was a "1" setting, but no off, so air always was being blown through the vents. I got used to leaving it on "1" in the 5 and the Vic just to keep the evap free of stinky mold and whatnot.

The car breathes pretty well if you just crack the rear windows on the highway. Benfolio you have a PM, I need your expertise Puhleeeze and Tan Jew.(help)

Back