Need Help!!!

MS6NMI

:
2006 MazdaSpeed6, and 2005 Mazda Tribute
I was driving my MazdaSpeed6 when I lost gauges, window, traction control and all other engine management functions. The car still starts and runs, but I have no Speedo, Tach, turn signals. The worst part is my windows are down and I can't get them back up. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I was driving my MazdaSpeed6 when I lost gauges, window, traction control and all other engine management functions. The car still starts and runs, but I have no Speedo, Tach, turn signals. The worst part is my windows are down and I can't get them back up. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

In my attempt at being Mr. Obvious, have you checked your fuse panel....breaker box under the hood?

How many other places did you post this? I've seen it twice now in these forums?

Like forrestang said. Fuse or Relay.

It kind of sounds more complicated, meaning the Body Control Module (BCM) failed.

I unhooked the battery, checked all fuses in the car and under the hood. I traced all body grounds that I could find.

I unhooked the battery, checked all fuses in the car and under the hood. I traced all body grounds that I could find.

And had no luck. Still nothing works. I am taking to the Dealership today. I will be an akward drive with no Tach, Speedo, or Engine Management system. The tires want to spin with slightest touch of the gas. I hope the weather stays good since I can't roll up the windows.

Bad BCM (Body Control Module)

The BCM (Body Control Module) went bad. Also when the BCM went out it also blew out a cluster fuse. They replaced the fuse twice before they installed a new BCM. Apparently I'm not the only one that is having this problem. The part is on temporary back order with 4 available in the U.S. Also they have issues a new part number, so hopefully they have fixed the problem.

Glad to see you got it fixed, it looks like it was exactly what I though it was.

I thought it was fixed!!

My car lasted a little over one day. Everything is out again, and once again my windows are down.

wow..i'm sorry for the chronic misfortune friend. i hope that you find the problem soon...hope the weather stays nice ;) ya know for the windows and whatnot lol

oh can you explain the part about the wheels spinning easily?
does mazda really have torque limited that bad, like i think they do lol

That sucks... make sure you keep all your documentation. You may have a car you can submit to the Lemon Law if it keeps up.

We found the wires to one of the O2 sensors rubbing against the exhaust flange. Mystery solved.

Back