Another Katzkin MZ5

bstad1

:
2006 MZ3 + MZ5
Finally made the plunge and got the leather installed. It's two-tone black body with charcoal perforated in the middle. Normally, they make the door panels vinyl, but since we wanted them perforated, they had to make those leather. For some reason, Katzkin had numerous problems getting this "complicated" order correct. We also sprang for heaters on the front two seats. I already have heaters on the MZ3 and really missed them while riding in the MZ5. Now, if I could only convince my wife to get a Premacy badge.:D I know people will ask, so everything was +/-2k. Enjoy!

katzkin.jpg

Wow, quite nice! (thumb)
So are these completely new seats? Or did they redo your existing seats? I'm new to this. Do you have their website?

Thanks. Katzkin (katzkin.com) makes custom covers that match the factory covers exactly. The installer removes the factory cloth covers and puts on the leather ones the same way. All of the seams and designs match exactly so they work with the seats and everything. For example, the second row MZ5 seats fold the same way and have the same felt-like material underneath the seat bottom. The attention to detail is amazing. And rest assured, the airbags still work, just like the factory cloth. I would have actually done the install myself to save money, but the MZ5 seems a bit complicated compared to an average car.

And if you're interested in installing them yourself, one place you can order them from is shopsar.com. I don't think Katzkin sells them directly.

Very nice indeed!(thumb), the Premacy badge would look great on you mazda5, everyone ask me if Mazda makes a Premacy wagon and i always say yes, even the dealer likes it too.(yippy)

Very nice indeed!(thumb), the Premacy badge would look great on you mazda5, everyone ask me if Mazda makes a Premacy wagon and i always say yes, even the dealer likes it too.(yippy)

Maybe I'll just put one on in the middle of the night.(wink) I already have the Axela, so how can I not have the Premacy?

Back