Front bumper removal

slvrsleeper

:
2007 Mazda5 sport 5mt True Silver
Ok Mazda5 gurus I need the quick and dirty how-to on taking off the front bumper. One pic with arrows pointing out where exactly the bolts and/or screws are would be fantastic. I need to take off my bumper to swap out corner marker lights and remove my intake resonator and can' t figure out how the damn bumper is held on! TIA, Ross(boobs2) (sorry but that is an awesome smiley)

Cool, that was exactly what I needed. Thanks a million! I'm going to remove my intake resonator and replace it with a three inch flexible duct to the fender well. Its a ghetto CAI that retains the stock airbox so I should get some of the benefits without the CEL issue. I did this on my 1.8T Jetta with excellent results, hoping it works just as well on the 5. Cheers, Ross

And it does work, beautifully! With the duct clamped to the exit on the bottom of the airbox, running through the fenderwell to the edge of the center grille. I now have a nice, stock quiet car at idle and part throttle, and when I stomp on it the tone deepens to an aggresive growl. I love it! Best three bucks I've spent in a while.

did this with my integra when I had it and gained 3/10ths in the 1/4. plus advanced my timing and gained 2 more.

Slvrsleeper was my old screen name from back when I had the 07 sport. It got destroyed in an accident in 08. I have the same modification on my current 5 (an 06 auto Touring) According to my SGII my intake air temps stay at no more than 10 degrees above ambient, which can't be a bad thing. I have never known this mod to screw up the filter, the duct run is too long for anything to make it that far. I run a K&N regardless...

Back