Packaging of options on CX9 - dissapointed.

CX9-PL

I am a new one here - not an owner yet.

My wife likes CX9 very much, and pretty much narrowed down the selection to it (after looking at Murano, Tribeca, Acadia).

My question is: can you get the Navigation only on Sport models, and on the Touring and GTouring, can you get just the assistance package without the Bose or DVD package. It seems that if you want to add just the asst or nav pckg you actually adding almost 5,000 of options. I hate that.

Thanks all.

I am a new one here - not an owner yet.

My wife likes CX9 very much, and pretty much narrowed down the selection to it (after looking at Murano, Tribeca, Acadia).

My question is: can you get the Navigation only on Sport models, and on the Touring and GTouring, can you get just the assistance package without the Bose or DVD package. It seems that if you want to add just the asst or nav pckg you actually adding almost 5,000 of options. I hate that.

Thanks all.

I believe that you are right on the packaging.

I Highly recomend that you skip the Nav package. This is the worst nav system I have seen. The map is badly out of date and no update DVD is avaliable. The menus are difficult to use. You would be far better off with a Garmin Nuvii in my opinion. They are not integrated but work much better.

I would also take a very long look at the Buick Enclave before you buy. I am nearly sure I am going to traid my CX-9 for the Enclave soon.

I Highly recomend that you skip the Nav package. This is the worst nav system I have seen. The map is badly out of date and no update DVD is avaliable. The menus are difficult to use. You would be far better off with a Garmin Nuvii in my opinion. They are not integrated but work much better.

I would also take a very long look at the Buick Enclave before you buy. I am nearly sure I am going to traid my CX-9 for the Enclave soon.

Ok, I too have now had enough of sranger. CX9-PL, before you decide whether to take any sranger comments seriously, please review the forum posts in detail. In summary, sranger had a bad seat experience (which clearly was a completely unique manufacturing defect on his specific car) and it has completely coloured his judgment of the rest of this car to the point of irrationality.

I have both a Garmin nuvi 660 and the CX9 with nav. Read my and other's comments on these comparisons. In summary, CX9 nav voice recognition sucks, but that now seems to be a microphone level calibration issue rather than the nav itself -- the issue is under investigation by multiple dealer service departments, including my dealer. The rest of the CX9 nav functionality is actually quite good. I can't say whether the nuvi or the CX9 nav is better, as both have faults and strengths relative to each other. I am pretty anal and would love a couple of improvements for either one, but both are very very good in an overall framework.

With all respect to Sranger, I am not going to base my decision just on his posts. I am sure he had his valid reasons not to be happy, but that's the beauty of the market: some people are happy some not -that's why we have dozens of makes and hundreds of models. I am reading every possible CX9 forum to have all angles covered. I am just not happy that you can't get some options on lesser models. Basicaly you have to jump from a 30K sport model to a 40K GT model to have just one option added.

Still, thanks all for replies.

Yes, but it was worth it to me! Most other manufacturers that offer the mica flake white paint charge extra for it as well.

o, its mica flake? my hubby has black mica, and i really like that. def. worth the extra $200 in that case (rockon)

I hope you enjoy the nice plastic of the GM model with it's terrible Transmission, lowsy brakes, and aweful handling. Oh yeah, and the Extra cost in a hyped up Outlook/Acadia.

I hope you enjoy the nice plastic of the GM model with it's terrible Transmission, lowsy brakes, and aweful handling. Oh yeah, and the Extra cost in a hyped up Outlook/Acadia.

I wish I could keep the CX-9 for many of reasons why I bought it, but being very uncomfortable is a huge issue. However, my dislike of the NAV system is a fair opinion. I am amazed at how many times it has not had my destination address here in the Atlanta area. So far, my Nuvii 330 has had every one that was missing in the Mazda. I keep it in the console.

If there was an Updated DVD avaliable, I would probably find it to be more useful.

Back