Is this a good price?

WaxiP5

:
05 Legacy GT + 03 Protege5
How does $37K (+tax, tags, title) sound for a GT AWD with navigation and dvd?

...sounds really good..wher are you?....here in NJ that is almost impossible to get..good luck and enjoy it with the best of health...

Not if it is a 2007 model.... The 3.5L v6 models are not going to be worth as much once the 3.7L V6 2008 models are out. I would hold the line for another 2-3K or go for a 2008 model...

^(uhm)
Good luck with that. Unless they start offering manufacturer's rebats of 2-3K there is no way you are going to get that much off the 37K price you posted. At 37K you are below the SPlan price. Unless the dealer has some extra incentives that are offered from Mazda, an extra 2-3k off that price is unrealistic.

I know consumer reports always use to say that $600 over invoice was usually a good deal and with manufacturer holdbacks the dealership still makes money on at that price.

I think you can squeeze some more out of that if it is a 2007.
Dealer's will want to move them.

Just paid 32.3k +tax and title and fees for a dark gray touring awd with homelink, bose/sunrook, roof rack and cross bars, wheel locks, and extended warranty

I'm a happy boy, happy boy.

^(uhm)
Good luck with that. Unless they start offering manufacturer's rebats of 2-3K there is no way you are going to get that much off the 37K price you posted. At 37K you are below the SPlan price. Unless the dealer has some extra incentives that are offered from Mazda, an extra 2-3k off that price is unrealistic.

I paid $35,600 for mine so that price it possible...

Well, SPlan price on our GT AWD that had an MSRP of $40,132.00 was $36,923.00 before TT&L. If you got yours for $35,600(boom01), and it was anywhere near the MSRP of ours, you purchased it for $1,323 under SPLAN price, and your dealer lost money.

The GT with only nav & dvd MSRP is $39,530. Dealer took $2K off then another $500 with web coupon. That is $37,030. S-Plan for the exact package combo is $36,269.

We are still debating though...I want a new & bigger car. Wifey would rather stick with her Protege5.

Well, SPlan price on our GT AWD that had an MSRP of $40,132.00 was $36,923.00 before TT&L. If you got yours for $35,600(boom01), and it was anywhere near the MSRP of ours, you purchased it for $1,323 under SPLAN price, and your dealer lost money.

I used an S Plan and I bought on Memorial day. I guess It is possible the dealer used additional incentives that he had for the holiday weekend. The dealer did say it was for today only. However, since they always say that, I did not pay much attention to the statment. My Nephew went with me that day and he bought a Mazda 3 for a little over 3K under MSRP and the dealer threw in a free spoiler ( factory, but dealer installed ).

Mine is a GT AWD, Assistance Package, Towing package, Moon/Bose/Nav package the MSRP was $39,000+ ( don't remember the exact ammount).

All those numbers sound really good...specially since the 08 is around the corner..don't forget the dealers get special incentives from the manufacturer to help them move the cars out....those vehicles (any vehicle) found in a dealers lot belongs to them and of course the bank that the do business with..as far as the manufactures all those vehicles are SOLD units...the manufcature's customers are the dealers..

I always believed in getting a car when the next model year starts to show up, especially since the 07 is the 1st model year so this body style will go a long way. Yeah 08's 3.7L motor would be nice but the 3.5L is still fine by us.

I always believed in getting a car when the next model year starts to show up, especially since the 07 is the 1st model year so this body style will go a long way. Yeah 08's 3.7L motor would be nice but the 3.5L is still fine by us.

My Fiance and I were in the same boat. We initially wanted to wait and order the 08 because of the new 3.7L motor but when I found out it wouldn't have direct injection, I didn't care that much to wait. We bought ours back in June, GT AWD with Moonroof/bose and Roof Rack and Wheel locks. We actually didn't want NAV, as I got a Garmin 660 that is more than useful. The tricky part was finding one though with the color/interior we wanted.

We wanted either Copper Red, White or blue with the sand interior and we only found 1 up in Rockville MD. I see you are from Loudon va, loudon county? I'm in Centreville va. We almost bought a blue one from Browns Mazda in Fairfax but when we got there, it was already sold.

We got ours on S plan and I think got a decent deal. We have gone on several long trips already and it gets better every day. We did have to take it in for the Alignment TSB fix, but no biggie, it drives great. One minor thing I wish it did have was a memory feature for the Mirrors along with the seats. The Veracruz we looked at had this and I'm surprised the CX-9 doesn't.

I'd go with an 07 CX-9 if you can get a good deal. I'm going to get a Mazdaspeed 3 once Mazda allows S plan on it, so I'd go back to the Rockville dealer in a heartbeat.

I see that you posted $500 off with a web coupon. Is that the $500 rebate that mazda is offering?
Sounds like the dealerships are playing with the S-Plan, or Mazda is. Used to get a lot more than $3000-$3500 off.

My father bought a 6 two years ago when they were trying to clear the end of the year vehicles out, bought it $6000 under MSRP. I am sure that was below what others paid on the S-plan earlier in the year. There was a $2000 rebate at the time.
They are making a lot more money on these vehicles then they are telling you.
I am looking to getting a minimum of $2500 off a '08 within the next month, or so, and a little more than blue book for my 6. There is a lot of competition, and money is not flying around like it was in previous years. People are freaked out about the gas prices. If they don't like it than Acura is offering steep discounts on MDX's, GMC is doing the same, and Volvo is offering $6000 off the XC90. This is a buyers market.

$3000-$4000 off depending on the area, this is for a '07. There are a lot of them on the parking lots, a lot more MDX's than Cx-9s. Drove one last night, LOVED it.

Latest posts

Back