Accessory to fill gap btw 2nd row and 3rd row seats...

Chuck01

Just bought a new CX-9 touring and am looking for an after-market accessory that will fill the gap between the 2nd and 3rd row seats when positioned flat... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

we would slide it back, but we're trying to eliminate either gap that sliding the second row back would create btw the 1st and 2nd row or the gap btw the 2nd and 3rd. what we're really trying to do is create a continuous flat area for a lab we have for long car trips...just thought there might be something out there.

Chuck01 said:
we would slide it back, but we're trying to eliminate either gap that sliding the second row back would create btw the 1st and 2nd row or the gap btw the 2nd and 3rd. what we're really trying to do is create a continuous flat area for a lab we have for long car trips...just thought there might be something out there.

If the gap is not too big the Lab is smart enough not fall in between,unless the gap is too big and the poor fellow has nochoices..

right. it really is not that big of a deal- again...just thought i would see if there's anything thing out there.

How about a carpet remnant of the correct size to cover the entire rear area? It would be heavy enough that it wouldn't slide and get pushed into the cracks and would protect your interior as well. Just an idea...

Good luck with the carpet remnant option. Hopefully it works. There are very limited accessories available anywhere for this car.

Carpet Cargo Mat

I found a company that custom makes mats, front rear and cargo.

Since i don't use the third row seat I had the mat made to fill the
entire cargo area

They will do it any color and do contrasting binding color.

They will even monogram the mats. The company is GG Bailey.

I found a company that custom makes mats, front rear and cargo.

Since i don't use the third row seat I had the mat made to fill the
entire cargo area

They will do it any color and do contrasting binding color.

They will even monogram the mats. The company is GG Bailey.
Photos please!

It's too bad they don't make rubber trunk mats in the same style, that would be even cooler! It's pretty cool as it is though.

It's too bad they don't make rubber trunk mats in the same style, that would be even cooler!
Not exactly what you are looking for, but I am considering to get a couple of feet of Concord Runner 6' wide - or something similar - (product #: 68-4099-2; CAD 6.99 in Canadian Tire http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/p...4443292247&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true) and cut it to size in my garage.
Planning to make one for the 3rd row down, and another for both 2nd and 3rd row down.

IMG_2680.JPG

DIY Cargo mat

DIY cargo mat for 3rd row down configuration. Cost: CAD 28+TAX.

IMG_5401.JPG

IMG_5400.JPG

I cut another one, for both 2nd and 3rd row down, so I have two sets now.

Mazda Canada's "Cargo Area Protector" (small one, for all three rows up) cost: CAD 117.34+TAX

Cargo Mat 2.jpg

Sun Shade Question

I notice that you have the Mazda Sun shade. Does that shade cover from the second row seats to tailgate?
Thanks...Bob

Thanks...since I never use the third row it would be perfect. What was the cost for the shade and did you install it yourself?
Thanks...Bob

If you're interested, there's one on eBay right now with a starting price of $9.99. Item number is 300143198818.

I use my 3rd row all the time (wife + 4 kids), so I sold the cover that came with my CX-9 for $182.50 on eBay a while back.

Concord runner in US?

Not exactly what you are looking for, but I am considering to get a couple of feet of Concord Runner 6' wide - or something similar - (product #: 68-4099-2; CAD 6.99 in Canadian Tire http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/p...4443292247&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true) and cut it to size in my garage.
Planning to make one for the 3rd row down, and another for both 2nd and 3rd row down.

View attachment 113432

Has anyone see this carpet runner in 6' rolls in the U.S.?

I can find it, or a similar type, in a lot of places but the rolls are only 3' wide. I haven't found any place carrying 6' rolls of it.

I'm looking to make my own mats for the rear cargo area of my CX-9.

Thanks!

Ted

I too have been searching and can not find 6' wide anywhere! I even tried to get places to order it and that looked at me like I was crazy...If I do find ot I will post it

Runner...

I tried a local flooring store to see if they could order it, and they can, but wanted nearly a $100 for 10' of it. Baloney!

What I've resorted to for the time being is to buy a 4' W x 6' L standard cut mat made out of this material. Cost: a whole $17.95. It's slightly wider than the space between the wheel wells but covers most of the floor with both rows down. When the middle seats are up, just roll up the excess and tuck into the gap between the middle and back rows. I was trying it out today and it works reasonably well.

When not in use the mat rolls up nicely and stores on a shelf.

Not a perfect solution, but better than nothing.

Ted

Back