'08 Cx9

mazda7

:
17 CX5 GT AWD/19 CX5 SIGNATURE
I don't know how much help this is to those but I sat down with the dealership owner and went through the new 08 brochure. Yes, dealers here in Utah are receiving them this week. Here is what I do know about the 08's

YES they are coming in with the 3.7 engine.
The dealers do not have the hp and mileage ratings yet.
The BLIS system is included in the GT ASSIST PACK (they do not know at what point in the model year it will be available.
YES, I have bought a car that is probably in the Tacoma Port as I write this.
The DEALER will not have invoice numbers until accessories are installed at PORT.
I do have copy of SPEC DECK and VEHICLE REQUEST CHANGE from MAZDA stating current status, VIN number, carline, accessories, actual build date and estimated time of delivery.
If I can help let me know. Your comments and info have been very helpful to me.

The engine specs are in the updated pdf in the other thread, as are the gas mileage figures. It is an official Mazda document.

had a chat with customer service and the BLIND SPOT monitor is standard only to the GT version, (not an option). he didnt know any specs on engine wise and production started back in june with an anticipation of a FALL launch.

CX9buyer said:
had a chat with customer service and the BLIND SPOT monitor is standard only to the GT version, (not an option). he didnt know any specs on engine wise and production started back in june with an anticipation of a FALL launch.

one simple question

"BLIND SPOT monitor" - what the hell is this (huh)

its been mention on the top of this forum

MAZDA 7 called it The BLIS system

its the same, and if you read throughout the rest of the forum, there is a specs thread about the 2008

Dalton said:
one simple question

"BLIND SPOT monitor" - what the hell is this (huh)

CX9buyer said:
its been mention on the top of this forum

MAZDA 7 called it The BLIS system

its the same, and if you read throughout the rest of the forum, there is a specs thread about the 2008

Yeah really helpful - read through all BLISS or BlindSpot related post and not one of them is explaining exactly what the BLISS does?!?

Is it some kind of mirror or extra camera somewhere or something like this

Blindspot.JPG

Dalton said:
Yeah really helpful - read through all BLISS or BlindSpot related post and not one of them is explaining exactly what the BLISS does?!?

Is it some kind of mirror or extra camera somewhere or something like this

View attachment 111916

You haven't seen the Volvo commercials???

Sensors that alert you via light/sound if you signal a turn and there is a vehicle in the lane you are turning into.

Some Cadillacs and Buicks will be out with them also.

njerald said:
You haven't seen the Volvo commercials???

Sensors that alert you via light/sound if you signal a turn and there is a vehicle in the lane you are turning into.

Some Cadillacs and Buicks will be out with them also.

Thank You (2thumbs)

I'm not really into TV (let alone commercials)

Back