Sticky Goo on Rails?

dfish

So I've had my CX9 since April and both my wife and I love it.. It's a Black Cherry GT.

I have few small issues and just wanted to see if anyone else had these issues:

1. The rear passenger seat slide rails - when we took delivery of the CX9 I noticed a thin plastic over the slide rails. I figured that whoever did the PDI forgot to remove them.. When I tried to remove the plastic I noticed the "goo" staying on the rails so I left the plastic. Now the plastic is "sliding" off the rails and leaving the sticking "goo". Anyone else have this? Should the plastic be on or off the rails?

2. Side view mirrors - our CX9 mirrors really vibrate while driving - anyone else?

3. Steering Drift - I found the issues on a forum search.

Thanks in advance.

I have the vibration also of the windows, it is a bit annoying however I can live with it for now. I am sure I will have to do something about it in the future though. It gets most irritating when I turn up the radio while jamming on the road.

thats really my only problem to date.

how about the rear passenger rails? do you have the thin clear plastic over the rails? just wondering if it should be there or not?

dfish said:
how about the rear passenger rails? do you have the thin clear plastic over the rails? just wondering if it should be there or not?
I don't think it should be left on - since it doesn't extend underneath the rail's plastic cover behind the driver seat - supposedly just a PDI leftover. After reading your post I removed one of mines, came off easily, not leaving any goo on the rail.

I just purchased a used '09 CX-9 and a couple of the rails had the clear plastic protective films on them that were turning to goo...its like they disentegrate or something. A couple of the rails had no film on them. I removed the remaining films and cleaned with an adhesive remover and they look great now.

Back