Taking the antenna off, putting shark fin there

Templar

:
Mazda 6 MPS (Speed6), DP, Exhaust, Intake.
Hi there..

Any one removed the original antenna? If so can you share some info, was the antenna glued down etc? how did you remove it?

I have a shark fin that I want to put there, looks very nice.

Thanks
Simon

If you bought one of the VG functional antennas, all you have to do is unscrew the whip of your factory antenna. The base stays on the car. Then use one of the screws included with the shark fin and attach the ring connector on the shark fin wire to the factory base. Then you just line everything up, pull off the paper from the tape and stick it down. Voila!

Lining the shark fin up is what takes the most time, I took measurements and then put some masking tape on the roof to outline where I wanted the shark fin to be. If I had to do it again I would cut out a template of the thing and tape that down to be sure I got it just right.

Templar said:
Hi there..

Any one removed the original antenna? If so can you share some info, was the antenna glued down etc? how did you remove it?

I have a shark fin that I want to put there, looks very nice.

Thanks
Simon

I just put mine on from VG and it looks great. Only sacrifice is the reception quality...that long ass whip antenna got me great reception...the Shark Fin get me minimal reception.

Its all about the looks riiiight? (ugh)

hi there

yeah super easy taking the original antenna off. Took a while to measure out the shark fin and then you have 1 go putting the fin on since the glue really sticks right away. Worked out fine tho :)

btw the base isnt glued on but rather there is a nut under the headliner that holds it in place....

Back