Seat Modifications...

sranger

Several of you have asked me what I did to make the seat more comfortable. On the 4th I removed the cover and cut out some addition foam that was bothering me. I took a couple of pictures of the how I cut the foam under the seam in the seat that was bothering me so bad.

The groove that I cut in the foam is directly under the rolled edge seam on the side bolsters of the seat. It basically lets the seam press into the groove rather into my legs and hips. I no longer have sore spots on my legs and hips after a 1-2hr trip.

You can remove the seat bottom without taking the seat completely out of the vehicle. Basically you need to:

1) Raise the seat all the way up.
2) remove the plastic trim directly under the seat bottom. It just snaps into the side pieces.
3) Remove the four bolts holding the seat in place.
4) remove a little plastic screw that holds a ground wire in place at the from of the seat. The Ground wire adn groumit can then be removed.
5) Next you have to pull the cover off four catches on the bottom tword the rear. there are four of them.
6) The cover is heald in place by a plastice strip sweded in the seat bottom. Basically just pull it out and flip it over.
7) The foam cuts fairly easly with a razor. Just be sure not to cut the heating element. The seam makes a prominate indention into the foam, so it is easy to see where to cut. I found that about 3/4" wide in the middle tapering to about 1/2" in the front and rear works best. The groove is about 1/4" deep.

I would not exaclty call the seat comfortable now, but it is tolerable. If anyone wants more details, please let me know...

Attachments

• right_side.jpg
    right_side.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 472
  • seam.jpg
    seam.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 449
  • result.jpg
    result.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 460
  • left_side.jpg
    left_side.jpg