Navigation System CX-9

Has anyone succeeded in entering a destination (address, city, state) using the voice commends? There is a destination entry command however, that shows where the entered destination, but what if I am driving and want to enter a new destination without stopping the car, how can that be done? Thx.

Voice command is almost usless. This is the worst nav system I have ever used. I had to revert back to using my garmin Nuvii 350 because the map is so out of date...

Voice command is almost usless. This is the worst nav system I have ever used. I had to revert back to using my garmin Nuvii 350 because the map is so out of date...

You are not alone. The Nav on the CX-7 is just as bad. I am ready to throw my Nuvi 350 back in my car too. It's a shame. Nice big screen with a nav system from 1980.

I think everyone that uses these Nav systems by Denso are waiting for a new map update. The version in the CX-7 is 6.1. This seems to be the same for all the Densos. I think the maps are from 2004 or something.

You know, guys, I'm not getting this. Maybe it's because this is my first new car in ten years, but I find that the Navi system is fine. Map seems up to date, for the most part -- maybe a few gas stations are dated, but roads are fine, and it doesn't keep doing that d**n "recalculating" that the Garmin units do when you disagree.

My only complaint, thus far, is that it only has two options on toll roads -- prefer tolls or avoid tolls. It doesn't have an option for "I don't care whether they're toll or not." As a result, on one trip I tried tolls one way, avoid tolls the other way, but never went the "middle" way which would have been faster.

Voice recognition has been pretty good, at least for me. Granted, I haven't tried any complex commands with the Navi, but zooming in and out and multiple maps works fine.

Perhaps my standards are too low?

FiveG

Back