User programmable features

OMF

:
2007 CX-9 GT AWD
Let's make the attached a "living document" by adding new features you are aware of.

View attachment CX9.xls

This initial revision includes:

- On-board diagnostic mode (for CX-9 with navigation)
- Power Window Initialization Procedure
- Door Glass Position Change Procedure
- Additional Key Programming Procedure (using two valid keys)

OMF, This is great

Thanks for this info. If any one finds out how to set auto door lock, pelase be sure to put it here.

thanks

Great idea!

nj_jamaican said:
If any one finds out how to set auto door lock, pelase be sure to put it here.

I am afraid you won't be able to set it without M-MDS...

Power Door Locks

I am trying to find out if the doors will lock when I put the car in drive or reverse. My other cars do this. My service dept contacted technical services and told me that it can't be done. I have the FWD sport model. Any Ideas.

I am trying to find out if the doors will lock when I put the car in drive or reverse. My other cars do this. My service dept contacted technical services and told me that it can't be done. I have the FWD sport model. Any Ideas.

Ditto..

Ok, I'm new to the board... Sorry for the dumb question... Will the doors auto lock once started with the smart key?

No there is no autolock while driving. There is only a feature to lock the doors when you leave the parked vehicle.

Let's make the attached a "living document" by adding new features you are aware of.

View attachment 111430

This initial revision includes:

- On-board diagnostic mode (for CX-9 with navigation)
- Power Window Initialization Procedure
- Door Glass Position Change Procedure
- Additional Key Programming Procedure (using two valid keys)

I know Canada has DRL (daytime running lights), but can they be programmed on US spec vehicles? (uhm)

I know Canada has DRL (daytime running lights), but can they be programmed on US spec vehicles? (uhm)

Best info I have is that there is actual circuitry involved that isn't included on the American version. Sure wish it was just programming as I'd like to have them enabled on mine!

DRL's can be added to the US spec vehicles... we'll be doing this again in Februaryish.

We ordered an MS3 last year and picked it up last January. The DRL's were added using the fog lights.

We'll be doing the same with the CX-9 that we plan on ordering right away.

DRL's can be added to the US spec vehicles... we'll be doing this again in Februaryish.

We ordered an MS3 last year and picked it up last January. The DRL's were added using the fog lights.

We'll be doing the same with the CX-9 that we plan on ordering right away.

Are you purchasing a US spec vehicle and then adding the DRL's? If so, can you provide specific info on how you are doing it (steps, parts, wiring connections, etc.) and the approximate cost?

Attached are a few pages from the 2007 workshop manual and wiring diagrams, showing the differences between DRL and non-DRL CX-9s.

So it looks like the wiring is probably there, but there's a relay in the main fuse box the needs to get replaced, there's a jumper somewhere that needs to get removed, and the control module needs to get replaced with a DRL compatible module. Does that sound right?

If you're going to do this / have this done, can you post pictures, part numbers, and locations?

If it isn't cost prohibitive and is only a parts swap, I'd like to enable them on my US spec CX-9.

If you're going to do this / have this done, can you post pictures, part numbers, and locations?

I wish I could help you, but my CX-9 is a (canada) model, with DRL.
I just wanted to provide some help to your mod and have found the differences between the DRL and non-DRL models very similar to the details discussed on the F-150 forum.

I believe TheMan (he is a Mazda professional) could confirm what need to be added/modified/replaced...

not trying to be a jerk, just curious why you want your headlights on all the time to burn out faster. Why not just turn them on if you think you need them?

not trying to be a jerk, just curious why you want your headlights on all the time to burn out faster. Why not just turn them on if you think you need them?

DRL's run the high beams at reduced power. Since in Chicago, I rarely use them in normal night time driving, the high beams never burn out. Running them at reduced power doesn't stress them nearly as much as full power, so they are still likely to last the life of the vehicle.

Running regular lights all the time (that's what my Volvo 850 does) uses up their rated hours of lifetime, so I was replacing bulbs approximately every 6 months. Not only that, but all the lights are running instead of just the headlights, so other bulbs burned out faster as well.

Is there any information on how to change or modify the relays in order to turn on the fog lights without turning on the headlights, just using the drive lights? Any info thanks.

Rewired Fogs to run without headlights on (found this info on some other forum..)

If anyone is interested in a simple way (based on your wiring skills of course) to do this here goes:

(May have to have heated seats for this..)

On small (4 relay) box in very front of engine compartment above fans.
Open top of box, detach from front, and remove bottom cover. Of the four relays, the two SMALLER ones are: fogs (right one viewed from front) and heated seats (2nd from left viewed from front). The pink wire on the SEAT relay provides ignition power (what you want) the green w/red wire on the Fogs relay provides switched power from the headlight relay ( Hate that!). I cut the green wire far enough back that I could splice into the pink wire. Be sure to insulate the left over stub from the green wire. Now the fog relay is "hot" when ignition is on instead of when headlights are on. Done.

(If you don't have the pink wire due to no heated seats..all you need to do is get and ignition source wire to this relay instead)

Now your fogs will come on with ignition and still function on/off from the stock switch (which provides the relay ground thus eliminating the need for an add-on switch)

Rewired Fogs to run without headlights on (found this info on some other forum..)

If anyone is interested in a simple way (based on your wiring skills of course) to do this here goes:

(May have to have heated seats for this..)

On small (4 relay) box in very front of engine compartment above fans.
Open top of box, detach from front, and remove bottom cover. Of the four relays, the two SMALLER ones are: fogs (right one viewed from front) and heated seats (2nd from left viewed from front). The pink wire on the SEAT relay provides ignition power (what you want) the green w/red wire on the Fogs relay provides switched power from the headlight relay ( Hate that!). I cut the green wire far enough back that I could splice into the pink wire. Be sure to insulate the left over stub from the green wire. Now the fog relay is "hot" when ignition is on instead of when headlights are on. Done.

(If you don't have the pink wire due to no heated seats..all you need to do is get and ignition source wire to this relay instead)

Now your fogs will come on with ignition and still function on/off from the stock switch (which provides the relay ground thus eliminating the need for an add-on switch)

If anyone does this, coudl you takes pics along the way! thanks

Odemeter / Trip Meter Reading

Hi All,

anyone know of a way to switch the odemter / trip meter from miles to kilometers?

I'm thinking of getting a new speedometer "panel" and making the switch

Back