What oil does Mazda use? Oil is on the add mark

Scott Y

Checked the oil, and it's a good thing I did. The oil level is right on the ADD mark on the dipstick. After only 2500 miles I'm a little suprised, but I suppose it's ok for a new engine to use a little oil. Maybe it wasn't fully filled from the dealer to start with.

My question: what oil does Mazda fill the 5 with?

HotRodSaint said:
Doesn't the owners manual say to change the oil at 600 miles?

Nevermind, it doesn't. Oh well, I guess my car is on it's way to being pampered.

And the oil is 5w-20.

Rocket said:
THINK - perhaps he wants to know the brand?

who gives a s***

do you honestly think you can buy whatever oil they put in there in JAPAN at the local auto parts store? whatever oil is in there is some japanese s***, duh!

THINK!

The man, are you 14 years old?

Flexing your internet muscles does nothing to impress me. If anything, it makes me willing to automatically disregard anything you post in the future. If you have nothing constructive to add, do everyone a favor and don't post.

I merely want to find out what brand of oil Mazda themselves use. What's the harm in asking that? The dealership is closed today so I can't them, and perhaps other people are wondering the same thing which is why this thread was started.

I'm pretty sure that Japanese manufacturers purchase their oil from the same global market that the U.S. guys do, making their choice of oil likely available at the local auto parts store.

Dude, you have issues, don't count on any replies from me. Mods, don't let people like this pollute the mature demeanor of this message board.

TheMAN said:
who gives a s***

do you honestly think you can buy whatever oil they put in there in JAPAN at the local auto parts store? whatever oil is in there is some japanese s***, duh!

THINK!

Edwin happens to be a very skilled Mazda person.

The answer to the question (Which I agree is a bit dumb) should have simply been that oil mixes well with all other brands, when you go in for an oil change, they will not replace it with the exact brand that was installed in Japan, Even from Dealership to Dealership is changes.

Top it up with the correct number Ie 5W30, 10W30, 10W20 or whatever it should be and be done with it.

Scott Y said:
I'm pretty sure that Japanese manufacturers purchase their oil from the same global market that the U.S. guys do, making their choice of oil likely available at the local auto parts store.

p1.jpg

Scott Y said:
My question: what oil does Mazda fill the 5 with?

That depends on the climate, your location and engine type.

I run 5W-30 Mobil-1 w/ OEM filter @ 10K OCI currently.

Last edited:
any US spec 5 is going to use 5W20

if it makes anyone feel better, STFU and go to the dealer and buy the "genuine" 5W20 oil (which does NOT come in that metal can, that's only overseas), which is whatever s*** it is inside, making it NOT the same as the factory fill

like I said... who gives a s***... top the s*** off with some quality brand name s*** and move on with life

^^ Edwin is Blunt and Sometimes Obnoxious but he is totally correct here.

The Mazda oil in that can is s***.

They are a company, they want to make a profit. They will put the bare minimum quality in the car just to get it on the Boat and past it's first oil change.

Go Get,
Mobil 1 Synthetic
AMSOIL
RED LINE
ROYAL PURPLE
Castrol
Pensoil
Valvoline

Anything but that Can,

well at 2500 miles, I just put in whatever cheap s*** in there and just drive it some more before changing the oil anyway... it's close enough for an oil change anyhow

Oil Change is a good idea, it's a waste of money I suppose but who cares really, It will cost $20 to $30.. and the new car is what... in the Twenty Five Thousand Plus Range...

At least that way, you can have a look for leaks and the condition of the oil.

Brian MP5T said:
^^ Edwin is Blunt and Sometimes Obnoxious but he is totally correct here.

The Mazda oil in that can is s***.

They are a company, they want to make a profit. They will put the bare minimum quality in the car just to get it on the Boat and past it's first oil change.

Go Get,
Mobil 1 Synthetic
AMSOIL
RED LINE
ROYAL PURPLE
Castrol
Pensoil
Valvoline

Anything but that Can,

You mean there are different kinds of oil available on the open market, and that Mazda might not use the best kind? Wow, who would of thunk it!

HotRodSaint said:
You mean there are different kinds of oil available on the open market, and that Mazda might not use the best kind? Wow, who would of thunk it!

Hmmm, Hint of Sarcasm...

only way to do it is look in ur owners manual and look it up. we sell oil and we get the same damn questions everyday and that's what i tell them 1st.

2nd is climate condition. over here it never gets that cold so we don't need a lower viscosity to cope with the cold start.

3rd condition of driving and load condition. u race the car? modified? carry alot of weight? mountain driving? alot of city driving? things like that.

4th age/milage of motor plus if it has been overhauled b4. (people here suck at rebuilding engines and should be shot).

my manual suggests a 0w-30 or 5w-30 for synthetics and 10w-40 to 15w-50 for cheap petroleum based oils.

i use 100% (PAO) synthetic amsoil 10w-30 or 10w-40 (depending on stock). changed at 10,000km or 6,213 miles.

like i said weather, it doesn't get that cold here (10c or 50f is the coldest).
then i ripped out my rear seats and it is full of stereo equipment, so it's heavy as phuk. then it's city driving sitting in traffic.

this is the 2004 mazda premacy with the 2.0 fs-de engine ;)

Back