keyless entry has a mind of its own

chuyler1

goes to eleven
:
2013 CX-9
This is an odd situation that I will probably never come across again, but it pissed me off none the less.

So for Father's day I picked up a nice outdoor fireplace for my dad. It barely fit in the trunk and I had to bungie it closed while I drove a few towns over. Before visiting my dad, my wife and I went to church. I sure hope no one would be wandering through the church parking lot breaking into cars but I could not for the life of me lock the car with the trunk still open.

I tried using the button on the door (it beeped at me). I tried using the valet key (it reversed my motion). I tried doing it from inside (it flipped it back on me). So I guess if you leave your trunk open you have no choice but to leave the rest of your car open too. Sheesh, why don't they just go ahead and do the same thing when I leave my sun roof or windows open? Anyway, that just pissed me off. Luckily, the non-church goers were nice to me and didn't steal my CDs or anything.

It also bugs me that you can't get out of the car with it running, open the trunk, close it, and then get back in the car without insistant beeping. I regularly drop trash off at the dumpster on my way to work without turning off the car. Perhaps Mazda should improve the system by suppressing the beeps when the parking brake is engaged.

its funny you bring this up because I found out the same thing this weekend while moving, I stuffed my poor car with so many boxes the trunk wouldn't close... so the doors wouldn't either, I thought I broke something at first! I sat there scratching my head for about five minutes before I figured it out. Anyways, I guess I didn't have to park it anywhere at least

I experienced something like that. I could not open the trunk and sometimes while closing the car it was just beeping or just getting opened/closed with no reason. It happened always after heavy/long rain (high humidity). Broken keyless entry antenna in the trunk lid caused that. They replaced it under warranty and I have had no issues with it since then.

next time try moving the remote AWAY from the car, then use the key to lock the doors... *may* work
or you can put your cellphone against the remote while you use the key to lock the car...

if all else fails, use your key to push the trunk's latch closed so that the dome light turns off... the alarm runs off the same circuit so it ought to let you lock your car then.... stupid? yes, and you'll easily forget about it and try to close the trunk, only to get a loud BAM as it hits the closed latch and the trunk pops back open until you "open" the latch again

This, among other quirks of our keyless entry, has annoyed me on more than one occasion...LOL.

R

Back