Surprise at the pump - fixing the fuel cap

OMF

:
2007 CX-9 GT AWD
Rare moment - another CX-9 filled up behind me at the gas station. The driver was surprised when he came over and looked at the way I fixed my fuel-filler cap on the inner side of the lid. He said, he was looking for this instruction in the Owners Manual, but couldnt find it. Came home, checked the manual, didnt find it either. Just in case you have been looking for the same thing...
IMG_2214.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

Most new Mazdas' fuel cap do that, but I could never figure out how to do that? Well thanks, it looks similar to my 6 the way the fuel cap looks.

OMF said:
Rare moment - another CX-9 filled up behind me at the gas station. The driver was surprised when he came over and looked at the way I fixed my fuel-filler cap on the inner side of the lid. He said, he was looking for this instruction in the Owners Manual, but couldnt find it. Came home, checked the manual, didnt find it either. Just in case you have been looking for the same thing...
View attachment 110034

View attachment 110035

I figured this out by accident trying to put the cap on the lid like my VW Touareg.

OMF said:
View attachment 110034

View attachment 110035

OMF said:

Shame the CX-7 do not use the same system - this looks handy (cool)

Dalton said:
Shame the CX-7 do not use the same system - this looks handy (cool)
Yeah, after seeing the initial post I tried and no dice. Guess that us CX-7 guys will just have to let it "dangle" ;)

Thanks...I didn't think Mazda would just let the caop drop on the body, but could figure out what to do. your photo says it all!
Thank

Back