Megan Racing Springs???

07mazdaspeed6

:
2007 MazdaSpeed 6
Has anyone tried these?? any feedback??

I know they only make them for the Mazda 6 and people are using them on the MS6....

How's the ride? recommend them? I really like the look of the drop and they are cheaper then going with the H&R coilovers....

Just trying to decide which suspension to go with, to lower the car...

Thanks Guys!

My past experiences with Megan products had not been that good. I bought some headers from them for my Acura and they were s***. I sent them back un-used. the weld s quality was garbage.

I have them on my Speed6 with no problems to report. It's almost 9 months and still going good. Spring rate is linear which is needed for the heavy rear on the Speed6. I had Eibach pro-kit (progressive-not good for Speed6) and took them off and bought Megans instead.

ive got megans on my protege. i love them. nice and firm, pretty good drop. i have had them for almost a year now, and no problems

Killer said:
My past experiences with Megan products had not been that good. I bought some headers from them for my Acura and they were s***. I sent them back un-used. the weld s quality was garbage.

id be so-so on buying any megan product that isnt a suspension piece. their suspension stuff is pretty good, but exhaust components i wouldnt be so quick to buy

susamafone said:
id be so-so on buying any megan product that isnt a suspension piece. their suspension stuff is pretty good, but exhaust components i wouldnt be so quick to buy
I learned my lesson...thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys....

07mazdaspeed6 said:
Has anyone tried these?? any feedback??

I know they only make them for the Mazda 6 and people are using them on the MS6....

How's the ride? recommend them? I really like the look of the drop and they are cheaper then going with the H&R coilovers....

Just trying to decide which suspension to go with, to lower the car...

Thanks Guys!

Thanks for the feedback guys.... I was wondering the difference between "linear" and "progressive"

I can't remember if I mentioned it in my thread but the drop is nice (obviously) but the rear springs feel a little soft when you start adding weight in the trunk. I especially notice it when I go over speed bumps. The front feels solid but the rear has a slight bob before it bounces off the bump stops (which I cut btw). Perhaps it would be a little stiffer back there had I not cut the bump stops.

Oh yeah...You must prefix every complaint about the Megans with "For only $130.00..."

Then when you put them in perspective they are a killer deal.

I am with chuyler, the springs are a great deal. I have them on right now and while I am a little lower than I would have enjoyed, they still make the car look HOT, and handle a bit better in the process!

so far it's at 9 pages all about the megan springs installed on the speed 6, many have done it, everyone's happy, i'm ordering mine tomorrow from protege garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback guys.... I was wondering the difference between "linear" and "progressive"
Linear means that the spring pressure is the same at all time regardless of weight. Progressive means that it will progressively get stiffer as more pressure is put on the spring. Progressive springs are more "comfortable" for street applications. In the case of the MS6 when used with springs that are designed for a Mazda 6, the rear will sag or be lower than the front because they don't make up for the extra weight of the differential and all the AWD stuff on the rear of the car. I had the 4cyl version on my car and it bottom out on the rear. The V6 ones are a tad stiffer on the rear.

Last edited:
Back