Bose Amp

Base3

Hey, I was wondering if there was something wrong with the Bose amp in my 6. My cd changer will come on. But I have NO NOISE coming through the speakers. I was wondering if it could be the Amp or if there was a fuse I might be over looking that could be changed??? Please help me figure this out if you can. Thanx

Just take a peek at the fuse box and anything that mentiones being for the radio or interior, have a look at.

Is this a recent problem or did you get the car like this, as in a new car?

This is a recent problem. Everything was working one minute, and then I went to crank the car back up and there NO MUSIC. Ive looked at the fuses Marked Bose Relay and Audio. But I wasnt sure if there was another fuse maybe in the Floor Board with the rest of the Wiring Harness. I havent been able to get the dealer yet, and I just wanted troubleshoot before they try to get me to spend Unnecessary money. If I were trying to add another Amp to the system and the Blue (remote) wire touched the Power wire from the battery, could that cause the speakers to not play??

Ahh, the truth comes out. You were messing with stuff weren't you!

If the blue wire touched the power wire it shouldn't harm anything. They are both +12v. If the blue wire touched the ground wire or frame of the car while the car was running you could have a problem there. Most aftermarket stereos place a fuse in-line with the remote turn on which would blow if shorted. I don't know whether Bose does the same.

Well if there is an In Line fuse for the Bose Amp, would it be with the other fuses or should it run from the Remote Wire to the back of the Head Unit??? I just found the other Audio fuse for the unit in the manual, and I am going to see if that one has blown, but if not where could I possibly find the Amp fuse??? I wouldnt have to take the casing off the amp, would I??

Ah, what are the chances that the factory bose wiring is using blue for remote turn on?
Are you sure that was actualy remote turn on and battery power?

Are you talking about the aftermarket wiring?
Was any of it already hooked up?

Well the only thing that I have interacted with pertaining o the wires are the wires in the trunk... One was the Power wire from battery, the Black Ground Wire, and The Blue Remote Wire. I havent touched to Head unit or anything like that. The wiring was already done when I bought the car. And I even tested the system to see if another amp and sub would work from the prior connections. Everything worked fine. Then I cut to car off, came back 15 minutes later, and from that point on, I have NO SOUND coming from any speaker. Called the dealer, and they said they're not sure what it could be, but it should still be under the warranty. So now I get to geal with them. lol lol Good Luck to me. Feel me???

Well I just left the dealership and they said that since there was an apparent Aftermarket wiring to the system, they couldnt figure out what was wrong without charging me. But, the tech did say that there is a POSSIBILITY that the RCA Converter could be bad. (Do some of the older ones have In Line Fuses in the casing)? I even took it to an Audio Shop to just get some Troubleshooting Tips, and he checked what he could without taking the unit out. And he said that there just appears to be NO POWER going to the speakers. Could a bad connection to/from the RCA Converter cause that to happen??

Well yeah, it was an AGGRAVATING LESSON. I actually ended up at Circuit City and they found that the Remote Turn On to the unit shorted itself out, so they actually just re-routed my wires from the Power wire to the Remote Wire. And Now everything is working normally. I mean, I know NOW what to look for and expect when dealing with those things. But I do have a Good, Temp Fix for my Speakers not working.

Back