[Mazda 5] Head Unit removal

Daylights

Hi there!

I'm Dutch, I was asked to build in a Parrot BT carkit for someone. The Mazda 5 has a standard head unit and I'm looking for a tutorial to remove it.
I was also wondering if the plugs on the backside of the head unit are 2 default DIN plugs? (the ones that are used by after market stereo's). If not, is there a wiring diagram available?

I used the search, but it only gave me one for the Mazda 3. Or is this the same head unit / dash?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
I believe the head unit is very similar to the Mazda3 except of course for the face. I don't have instructions for removing it since I don't own one but if you read through some of the how-tos on other cars you will find your car is pretty similar. On the back of the head unit there will be one or more wiring harnesses. Again, the wiring harness adapters made for the Mazda3 may work but double check and look for one specific to the Mazda5 first.

I've pulled the head units on both our MZ3 and MZ5. Although there are similarities to the units, the wiring is different.

bstad1 said:
I've pulled the head units on both our MZ3 and MZ5. Although there are similarities to the units, the wiring is different.
Ok! But how did you remove the first part of the head unit? Where should I start? When I've removed the first part, I think the rest will be easy?

Back