antenna questions?

CX92ENVY

:
2007 CX~9
I have a problem with static when listening to certain stations on my radio? any one else have this problem? It seems as the powered antenna just doesn't cut it.

Any one else with this problem or a solution?

CX92ENVY said:
I have a problem with static when listening to certain stations on my radio? any one else have this problem? It seems as the powered antenna just doesn't cut it.

Any one else with this problem or a solution?

Not a solution (nor the problem, as my CX-9 radio reception is better than any other car I've had for a while), but you can do some diagnostics yourself. If you have the bose/nav setup, turn audio on, press and hold POWER, then press the AUDIO button while holding POWER. That will get you into the "Failure Analysis" system. There are 00-99 codes, most of which aren't active. My apologies, but I have not yet written down what each code does, but I do recall (a) antenna connection check code and (b) an ability to display signal strength on radio stations. Something to hack with for you, you seem to enjoy that :). See related post on Nav touchscreen accuracy adjustments started by OMF as well.

Lexx

Great to know about the code check feature! (I will miss this when I rip my radio out!) Does this work on none bose, non nav units? I have neither and all connections look good! I just took the panel off in the back and all looks well!

Lexx said:
Not a solution (nor the problem, as my CX-9 radio reception is better than any other car I've had for a while), but you can do some diagnostics yourself. If you have the bose/nav setup, turn audio on, press and hold POWER, then press the AUDIO button while holding POWER. That will get you into the "Failure Analysis" system. There are 00-99 codes, most of which aren't active. My apologies, but I have not yet written down what each code does, but I do recall (a) antenna connection check code and (b) an ability to display signal strength on radio stations. Something to hack with for you, you seem to enjoy that :). See related post on Nav touchscreen accuracy adjustments started by OMF as well.

Lexx

Hope you have a CX-9 with NAVI.
If so, try Code 04 (Radio Reception Condition Inspection)
LEV 5... LEV 9 OK
LEV 3... LEV 4 Change frequency and inspect again
LEV 0... LEV 2 Antenna and feeder inspection required

Code 05 Antenna Control Condition insptection.

I am working on a quick reference guide (MS-Excel worksheet) with all codes that I am aware of...

I have feedback on my protege. EVEr since I went with my aftermarket stereo. It's usually not grounded right, or not even grounded at all.

No Navi and stock radio!is ther an after market boosted antenna?

Maybe I will just wait and use this as an excuse to rush my new headunit install!

maybe a ground came loose somewhere. If it was good before, something happened for it to not be good after.

Well I drove it from the dealership to the stereo shop so I don't know it it was alright before I added 2 amps or not. One thing we wonder is if it has something to do with a voltage problem or what?

Poor radio reception

Having trouble with the radio since new. Mostly static and stations cut in and out. Dealer says nothing they can do. I have the Bose system and nav radio. Is there an antenna amplifier or something I can buy aftermarket?

Thanks.

Poor Radio Reception- Mine too!

I have bought a CX-9 touring in Feb 2010 and from day one the radio has poor reception. When I test drove it I did not think about it as I was paying attention on the major stuffs. Now, it is so irritating that I don't listen to radio. Mine is the regular radio without any nav systems. The sound has a static usually it happens when your antenna is not properly open ( regular antenna). The CD/MP3 sound is great. I took to the dealer- Jeff Hass Mazda in Houston and they were not helpful at all. I had to tell them how to do testing as according to them it is fine!!! I told them to bring another Cx-9 parked side by side and listen to the radio with same control--then they acknowledged that there was a problem but they won't do anything!!!

Do you guys have any solution? I assume the problem is in the built in antenna or the wiring or the reception processor( transistors :)) in the radio. Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Bak

My '07 (Navi/Bose) has been fine from day one, then suddenly a couple of weeks ago I noticed the radio static when I turn on my rear defroster. As soon as I turn it off it goes away. Most stations are inaudible and very annoying. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the Navi and gave it back to me. When I got it back the static was still there and they said the static was normal (BS because it never happened before) and mentioned there was nothing they could do about it. The service manager offered to call Mazda to look into it, but nothing came out of it. I'm curious to know if there is any RF filter or broken lines in the window that is causing the problem.

He means the female connector that slips into the male end of the built-in antenna at the rear glass.

Back