All red (mostly) EDM tail lights

:
2001 BJFP MT
:
2016 BMYFS AT
I don't like those "euro" clear s*** they put on all of the US spec 5s just like some of you guys don't like them either... here's the part numbers so you guys can order them from someone who imports parts:

C235-51-150E right tail light
C235-51-160E left tail light

comes with bulbs and pigtail harness

NO luck here in actually 'finding' these part numbers. But I did come across a pic of 2 Premacys with both TL assys. so people can see the difference.
tailcomparo.jpg

I never seen a Mazda5........What does it compare to? Is it a SUV like a Saturn VUE or does it look like the Cadillac SUV?

I just looking at it on the mazdausa.com site, and it looks like the Toyota Matrix with a sliding back door like a mini-van.

jophus14 said:
I never seen a Mazda5........What does it compare to? Is it a SUV like a Saturn VUE or does it look like the Cadillac SUV?
It's in a world of it's own right now, it's not an SUV, it seats 6 yet is smaller than a minivan, gets around 23-28 mpg~city.
But yes, it does look similar to a matrix with a sliding door.

oooh, I like those lights.

I'm not too keen on the clear tail lights. But so far that is one of only two things I'm not too happy about on the car.

The other one is the voice recoganition on the nav system. It's driving me crazy... I guess I probably should read the manual...

the_saint said:
NO luck here in actually 'finding' these part numbers. But I did come across a pic of 2 Premacys with both TL assys. so people can see the difference.
tailcomparo.jpg

the clears looks way better in this pic.

Contact Matt at info@mazdaparts.com

www.mazdaparts.com

he has been very good at sourcing OEM parts (even JDM parts) for the RX-8 owners, maybe he can do something...

that said, call me a ricer if you want, i like the clear taillights on the US spec Mazda5's, the red ones are just so..... blah...

the_saint said:
That's kinda what I was thinking...the red is too overpowering IMO.
I agree, I usually don't like the clear ones, but they really fit the 5. If I had red ones I'd probably change them to clear.

the_saint said:
It's in a world of it's own right now, it's not an SUV, it seats 6 yet is smaller than a minivan, gets around 23-28 mpg~city.
But yes, it does look similar to a matrix with a sliding door.

WHOOOAAA, where can I get those rain guard things at?

the_saint said:
Japan. (bang)

Ahhh. So, let's recap, in the states we lose-

roof rack
auto wipers/rain sensors
power sliding door
rain gaurds

Did I forget anything other than the added lack of Bose audio and leather seating?

I wonder if any of these will make it after market here?

Last edited:
Kid Red said:

roof rack
auto wipers/rain sensors
power sliding door
rain gaurds

Did I forget anything other than the added lack of Bose audio and leather seating?

I think you can get those options on the Canadian models.

Though I really don't understand why anyone would need power sliding doors on the Mazda5. If my two and a half year old can work the doors, anyone can open and close those doors.

Wuster said:
I think you can get those options on the Canadian models.

Though I really don't understand why anyone would need power sliding doors on the Mazda5. If my two and a half year old can work the doors, anyone can open and close those doors.

THe power doors is just an option that I would have like to have had the choice to buy or not. If extra I may have passed, if reasonably priced I may have added it. My point is we don't even have the option (among others) here in the states.

Kid Red said:

roof rack
auto wipers/rain sensors
power sliding door
rain gaurds

The option for a double-din headunit, forward and reverse parking aid cameras or reversing sensors, the 7th seat, cargo area liner (an actual hard covering on the floor and seatbacks, not a drop in liner), mazdaspeed parts (springs, shocks, exhaust, ect.) avail. from dealer...that's all I can think of for now.
(thumb)

Ah, the reverse camera would rock, I'm still not used to using the mirrors when I back up as I've driven compact cars and turned my head all my life. I have the cargo cover on order, I pick it up next week along with my homelink auto dim mirror, cargo net and bumper plate so I hope it's cool. I don't mind not having the middle 7th seat, but WHERE ARE THE FLIP DOWN TRAYS!!! THat would be cool. Man, we got screwed here in the states!

And Japan won't bring the new MPV here either (with reclining seats!!)!? We get another dumb small SUV (that CX-7 or something) instead.

the_saint said:
The option for a double-din headunit, forward and reverse parking aid cameras or reversing sensors, the 7th seat, cargo area liner (an actual hard covering on the floor and seatbacks, not a drop in liner), mazdaspeed parts (springs, shocks, exhaust, ect.) avail. from dealer...that's all I can think of for now.
(thumb)

So Saint, do you think the reverse camera can be retro fitted to our vehicles, since we have the Nav system? I'm assuming that the reverse camera would use the Nav screen as the display when you're backing up.

What do you think?

(uhm)

I parked next to a Scion xA the other day and the similarities are startling. The lines are VERY similar. The 5 is of course much bigger, I'd say at least 6" taller and a lot longer but man I was really taken by the similarities in shape.

Back