The Day Has Come

MUSOM

:
2006 MazdaSpeed 6 GT
So, It looks like the day has come for the CPE full system install and tune. Next wednesday evening, I and Jason (DADASRACECAR) will be making a trek to the CPE shop. I'll be installing the FMIC with SSQV-BOV (VTA) and the standback EMS. You can see my current mods in my sig. I'll also be getting up early thursday morning and the beast at Altered Atmosphere in Maryland. I'm still hoping for that 300 awhp mark, and I think I'll be 300 +- 10.....of course depending on the weather. I'll be doing some video recordings of the tune and maybe some of the installs. Friday evening, I plan on making a trip to the 1/8th track to see what kind of damage I can do there. I was 8.66 @ 79.5, I'm hoping to see 8.3's @ around 83-85. Wish me luck. I'll keep this thread updated as things progress.

(boom07)

MUSOM said:
So, It looks like the day has come for the CPE full system install and tune. Next wednesday evening, I and Jason (DADASRACECAR) will be making a trek to the CPE shop. I'll be installing the FMIC with SSQV-BOV (VTA) and the standback EMS. You can see my current mods in my sig. I'll also be getting up early thursday morning and the beast at Altered Atmosphere in Maryland. I'm still hoping for that 300 awhp mark, and I think I'll be 300 +- 10.....of course depending on the weather. I'll be doing some video recordings of the tune and maybe some of the installs. Friday evening, I plan on making a trip to the 1/8th track to see what kind of damage I can do there. I was 8.66 @ 79.5, I'm hoping to see 8.3's @ around 83-85. Wish me luck. I'll keep this thread updated as things progress.

(boom07)

Can't wait to start working on your car and am excited to see what kind of numbers your combo puts down. Exciting times my friend (alright)

Jordan

Very exciting news. You should be seeing 300whp with this set up. I have heard good things about Mike from Altered atmosphere.
I thought it would be fun to be the first with stock turbo and 300whp, but wish you luck and would love to see it happen, no matter who does it.

Your car going to run ok VTA? Or will the EMS allow you to run that way with no issues with FMIC?

Occording to other posts not on this forum, and occording to Jordan, the EMS will allow VTA without any trouble. Jordan and CPE have worked with this setup on DADASRACECAR and did not have any trouble after it was tuned. It is a little difficult, as they have to time fuel cuts in after the throttle is let off. I hear it is more difficult than it sounds, but leave it upto CPE for more flawless performance. (cabpatch)

Rican219 said:
Your car going to run ok VTA? Or will the EMS allow you to run that way with no issues with FMIC?

MUSOM said:
Occording to other posts not on this forum, and occording to Jordan, the EMS will allow VTA without any trouble. Jordan and CPE have worked with this setup on DADASRACECAR and did not have any trouble after it was tuned. It is a little difficult, as they have to time fuel cuts in after the throttle is let off. I hear it is more difficult than it sounds, but leave it upto CPE for more flawless performance. (cabpatch)

Actually after working with Dadasracecar on this we've improved the VTA feature (we added more functionality in the software). So when you bring your car by it'll be totally up to you: VTA or recirculate :D

Jordan

I'll be arriving between 5 and 6 pm at the shop....I sure hope the 6 hour, 20 min (one way) drive is gonna pay huge dividens. Let's do it!

Back