information panel text display

mazda868

I saw a picture somewhere where someone had changed the text in the information panel (above the radio/ac vents where it displays the temp/radio station). Does anyone know how you can do this? I was unable to find this in the manual. Thanks

you need the metra kit to do so. after you install an aftermarket stereo you can change the text up top up to 10 letters i believe.

x3, You didn't say what car you have. Just as an FYI, the Metra kit is not compatible with the Mazdaspeed6. It only works with a regular 6.

chuyler1 said:
x3, You didn't say what car you have. Just as an FYI, the Metra kit is not compatible with the Mazdaspeed6. It only works with a regular 6.

Not anymore, they have fixed the 99-7507 kit and it now works with the speed6.

DSC00310.jpg

DPSpeed said:
Not anymore, they have fixed the 99-7507 kit and it now works with the speed6.

Now that you have your hands on the 7507 kit, how do you find the fit & finish? Other than the lack of the chrome edging, how is the color match? Also, do you know if the panel on the stock MS6 has a different finish/texture than the 06-07 6i/s?

src666 said:
Now that you have your hands on the 7507 kit, how do you find the fit & finish?

My kit is actually a 03-05 kit that I had painted last year to match the dash. The 06-07 kit is exactly the same as the 03-05 kit except it's more of a darker gray color.

src666 said:
Other than the lack of the chrome edging, how is the color match?

See above

src666 said:
Also, do you know if the panel on the stock MS6 has a different finish/texture than the 06-07 6i/s?

I have not seen a 06-07 i/s so I can't comment on that

Mine is just a Mazda 6. I was just wondering since I saw it somewhere. I have no intention of removing the cd player anyway so I guess it's not possible for me to do. Thanks for the replies

DPSpeed said:
My kit is actually a 03-05 kit that I had painted last year to match the dash. The 06-07 kit is exactly the same as the 03-05 kit except it's more of a darker gray color.hat

OK, thanks anyway.

chuyler1 said:
How did you match the speed6 paint?

I took off a piece of the dash trim (the piece above the coin box) and gave that and the kit to a local body shop to match. How he explained how they did it was to paint it black first, then silver. While the silver was still wet, he used a fine brush to bring up the black streaks through the silver. It took him about 3 tries before he liked what he saw. Then it was clear coated. He did a great job, unfortunately he has moved to Florida somewhere.

you need the metra kit to do so. after you install an aftermarket stereo you can change the text up top up to 10 letters i believe.

I have the metra kit. How do you change the letters? I'm only able to get the first letter but can't get to the next letter. Does anyone know how?

Thanks

I took off a piece of the dash trim (the piece above the coin box) and gave that and the kit to a local body shop to match. How he explained how they did it was to paint it black first, then silver. While the silver was still wet, he used a fine brush to bring up the black streaks through the silver. It took him about 3 tries before he liked what he saw. Then it was clear coated. He did a great job, unfortunately he has moved to Florida somewhere.

looks amazing, that guy has a very good eye, can you post a more clear pic, i gotta see this....

nice work bro!

+1 on the paint finish! Shame they can't match the silver ridges on each edge. And is it just me, or are your Rear Defrost and A/C buttons swapped around?

Back