looking at the cosmo intake, and a quiet exhaust

Kojack

:
2007 5 GT "thing 5"
hey everyone,

im looking at getting the cosmo sri system for my 5. also, im looking for a very quiet exhaust/muffler that flows a little better than stock...dont want no fart can sound. its the family ride just want more flow...

if i could find a decent washable open air filter and intake tube for like $40-$50 I'd buy one. but everything i'm finding is about $90 and up. i want a little of that cool sucking sound under the hood. the car is too quiet.

its not gonna void any warranty if u put an intake on ur car.

I've seen mixed reactions from different friends doing this and how the dealer reacted... I'd have to read the warranty to the T to say for certain on ours to be honest.

either way, put the stock airbox back on before u take it to the dealership. keep all the parts. installing an intake isnt has intimidating as it seems. its a universal process for almost all cars, and after the first time u do it, youll never have to read the instructions ever again.

many people have stated, and i i believe its back by legislation, in order for the warranty voided the dealership has to prove the modification cost the problem.

i put an aftermarket intake on my Focus and the only problem the dealer had with it was doing certain tests when i had a idling problem.

had the same problem with the intake but i got this intake

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

its not supposed to be for my car which is a 99 protege 1.6 but i installed it and it sounds boss. had to cut out the mass airflow sensor and plug the ita sensor hole in the intake caz i got have it because the maf and the ita sensors are together in my model. but trust me do it and it will sound great.

anyways anyone have any clue about a muffler caz i want a muffler to but dont nkow how its supposed to work caz i would have to cut oof my old muffler and weld on the new but the new dosent come with hangers osi dont nkow how that works,or im supposed to get a catback muffler which is not that cheap.like over 100$ .

had the same problem with the intake but i got this intake

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

its not supposed to be for my car which is a 99 protege 1.6 but i installed it and it sounds boss. had to cut out the mass airflow sensor and plug the ita sensor hole in the intake caz i got have it because the maf and the ita sensors are together in my model. but trust me do it and it will sound great.

anyways anyone have any clue about a muffler caz i want a muffler to but dont nkow how its supposed to work caz i would have to cut oof my old muffler and weld on the new but the new dosent come with hangers osi dont nkow how that works,or im supposed to get a catback muffler which is not that cheap.like over 100$ .

lol are u serious? u took apart your MAF to put it in an intake not designed for your car? why not spend the same amount of money, for an intake taht was designed for your car, and will sound the same anyway?

theres several parts to an exhaust

headers, cat, midpipe/resonator and axleback. by muffler your mean axle back. it unbolts from the midpipe, and comes right off. you dont want to get just a muffler without getting piping to go with it. itll just make noise. bad noise. your stock muffler has hangers, how do u think it sits there?

for a catback exhaust your looking to spend 300 and up. dont go cheap.

Back