JL audio system going in!

Kojack

:
2007 5 GT "thing 5"
Im installing a JL audio system in my 5 soon.

consisting of the 6450 5 channel amp, 8w3v2-d4 sub, evo VR 5.25" comonents in front and 6x9 coax in rear. using the stock head with cleensweep interface, and im trying to find a phatbox to hook into it as well. all in all should be a great upgrade. the best part its going to be a full stealth install, sub and amp going in the spare tire well, along with the cleen sweep, and phatbox in the cubbyhole in the right side of the trunk.

pics to follow once the fiberglass box is complete.

will do saint. im working on a few things now. maybe aother month or so but it will be done soon. getting the fleabay front and rear lips as well as the MSP wheels too

JL makes solid stuff. I have owned many of their different lines, and to date I have been most impressed with the W6's. They have very good sound quality.

But usually for the money, there is a lot better out there than JL. They probably make the best equipment out of the commonly known brands, but if you do some research on some car audio forums, and learn about different companies, you will see that there are other comparable brands for much better prices.

Yea, agreed, much more to chose from at much better prices. Check out TC-Sounds. They made the TC OEM10 for a limited run, absolutely unbelievable 1000W, 35lb sub for $175 bucks. Then there's Fi, RD, SE, ED, and many more acronym sub makers.

Clean Sweep

I'm planning an install of one also. Let me know how it goes and if possible a diagram of the factory speaker wire colors. Here's what I'm working on:

CleanSweep
A6450 Amp
Evo VR 5x7 Front and Back
Evo 1" tweeters in front
10w3v3

Pics would be great also. Thanks

Been awhile since I posted on this one. I plan on ordering the gear when I get back from Florida. I was debating getting rid of the 5 for awhile so I was not buying anything. however, I am keeping it so modding is starting in july...I will keep everyone posted.

Back