What did you pay for your CX-9?

golfer08

It's useful to know your price relative to MSRP and/or invoice.

Please include whether you paid additional dealer fees (profit!).

Also, did you trade in a vehicle? What month was this transaction?

Thanks!

Last edited:
GT FWD w/Bose/Moonroof pkg. (1MC)

$325 under invoice

MSRP - $35,030
Manufacturers Invoice - $32,324
My Price - $31,999 + Sales Tax 2943.91 + License 187.75 + Doc Fee 35.00
= Out the Door - $35,165.66

and a Homelink/Dimming/Compass Mirror and Installation thrown in for $0!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have the same package MSRP of $35030 and paid $32430 plus tax. I bought mine very early Feb I think.

I have a similar config, paid $400 over invoice + tax, etc. in So Cal last month, no trade-in, no dealer fees.

ckdms6 said:
invoice no dealership fees

Useless as there are two invoice numbers. One from the manufacturer as listed in Edmunds or KBB and a dealer printed invoice that includes a national/regional Advertising charge....................

MSRP was 40,050 (I'm pretty sure that was it - within $100).
Paid 38,100. April.
As part of the negotation at this price, I did not pay any "document" or "processing" fees.

No big deals in Canada but we did get the Bose Wave music system free (worth $700 CDN) and $1000 off as part of the Get In Gear Event. The equivalent BMW X5 was $24,500 more!!!! So my GT AWD with Luxury Package/Nav/Power Tailgate was under $50K CDN before taxes/accessories (mudflaps/roof rack/cargo mat & cargo net)/extended warranty/3M Stone guard/rustproofing/lifetime oil & filter changes/antitheft etching/wheel locks.

njerald said:
Useless as there are two invoice numbers. One from the manufacturer as listed in Edmunds or KBB and a dealer printed invoice that includes a national/regional Advertising charge....................
edmunds (s-plan) is that better OMG

Mine is Touring with RSES and DVD Nav.
MSRP $37,807, Paid $34,807 plus documents, title, and tax in early this month.

Yipeee!!!! I finally pulled trigger

Ok, I was waiting for the new Honda Pilot to come out until I faced the harsh reality late last month that Honda was repeating the same ol' vehicle since 2002. Thankfully the day before we went to buy a 2007 Pilot, my wife saw the CX9 add on television in March and we kept our eyes on both SUVs in the interim, waiting to see if Honda changed its own tune. Obviously it didnt and we needed something with a little more zoom!

Well after searching for 3 months and locating the perfect CX9 Touring FWD with Nav, remote starter, roof rack, touring package in COPPER RED (the only color we wanted) with sand interior, we pulled the trigger this evening for 34279 (S-Plan) less 5500 for my explorer which had 105,000 miles and had some serious issues. We also obtained an additional 500 off coupon on the ramseymazda.com website which further helped to reduce the price. plus TTL.

The dealer picked up my vehicle today from south jersey, drove it up to Ramsey and we had it by 9pm out the door.... My wife loves it. PPL love it... I love it!!!! COPPER RED ROCKS!!! YEAH MON!!!

This is my first zoom zoom and I will be taking it out tomorrow July 4th for a nice ride and yes to show off a little on how great the car looks and feels.... thanks for all your comments, guidance and direction on this site. It was helpful in me making my decision.

Big up to all.

I'm picking up a GT FWD with Assistance Package, RSES, autodimming/homelink mirror on Saturday.

MSRP 38,605
Invoice 35,382
My Price 35,200 + tax and tag
Plus I also got an additional $500 off from a MazdaUSA.com CLOSEOUT Bonus Cash that I happened across on the Mazda website.

The only two downsides to the deal are that I have to drive 300 miles round trip to get the car and it was a demo so it has 1400 miles on it already. The upside is that 1/2 of the trip will be in the new car :) I still feel good about the deal and I really like the black cherry mica color.

Last edited:
We got ours last night. GT AWD with Nav & DVD. Paid $36.6K+tax, tags & ttl. We also got a $200 coupon for accessories/parts.

We got ours last week, paid $40,900 out the door for a GT AWD with Navi (assistance package which includes the power liftgate) Bose, & Towing package; MSRP was $39,500. Price includes Sirius install. CA tax is 8.25, so price before tax, dmv fees, dealer fees, etc would be somewhere around $37K, I'd need to check the paperwork at home for the exact # (not like it matters, when OTD is the final number you're truly paying anyway).

Last edited:
We bought ours on July 31st. Grand Touring AWD, NAV+Bose+Sunroof.
Paid $35,095 + tax, tags, etc.
MSRP: $38,730
That price included:
-- 0.00% financing for 36 months
-- $500 closeout bonus cash coupon from Mazda.
-- Factory Roof Rack and cross bars (parts & installation labor). Worth atleast $300.
-- 3 free oil changes.
-- Free car washes for life.

Last edited:
A disappointing day!

I've been looking for a Galaxy Gray 2WD GT for a good while. I need a towing package, Bose/Moonroof, Homelink mirror, splash guards, wheel locks. I surfed all the dealer sites in the Southeast and finally found the exact car at a Ft. Lauderdale area dealership. I called and worked a deal with the internet sales rep for $34,175 cash deal off a $36,320 MSRP. I had a credit union pre-approval and a free and clear trade (which would be figured in upon inspection). He e-mailed that the bottom-line price out-the-door with all taxes and fees would be $36,900. I asked about "dealer fees" and he stated that they were all included in the $34,175 figure.

I did a little math and noticed a $399 discrepancy. I called him back and he admitted that he had not included the $399 "dealer fee" in the price. Apologies, his bad. I said OK, but no more "surprises". He assured me there would be no more. I made arrangements to drive down tomorrow (300 miles) and pickup the vehicle. I gave him a crdit card for a $500 deposit and called my insurance company to add the car. I arranged for a "farm sitter" (no easy deal) and gave the vehicle info to my Credit Union. Late this afternoon he called and said he had forgotten that they had installed an aftermarket rear DVD system and he hadn't figured that into the price. It was non-removable and would add another $1600 to the price. I said no way and expressed my disappointment in him and the dealership. I later called the new car sales manager and expressed the same disappointment. He was sorry, but there was nothing he was willing to do. Typical car dealer! Why am I not surprised! Guess I'll have to wait for an '08! There, I feel better! (thinkbeer

Back