Rattling Noise in Driver Side Sliding Door

So, I took my car to the dealership to fix the suspension noise and in the process the did some pre-emptive fix on my sliding door latches. Now the problem is my driver side sliding door rattles all the time. It's driving me nuts, I took it back and they replaced all of the door molding clips but the door is still rattling away. Anyone have experience with this???

I've experienced rattling from either the B-pillar or sliding door on the driver's side. No idea what the deal is, and the nearest dealer is now 150 miles away. :(

Let us know if you find a fix, will you?

The Monkey said:
So, I took my car to the dealership to fix the suspension noise and in the process the did some pre-emptive fix on my sliding door latches. Now the problem is my driver side sliding door rattles all the time. It's driving me nuts, I took it back and they replaced all of the door molding clips but the door is still rattling away. Anyone have experience with this???

Those clips are easy to break and I know the handle plastic is separate from the inner door panel and they had to replace mine as the broke the clips for it.

Good luck

I get some buzzing at the b-pillar, near the seatbelt adjuster. After having it looked at and taped up, nothing fixed it. Until I lowered the adjuster one notch. Noise is gone.

I get a noise from both sliders when it's cold (mid-30's and below). Don't know if it's something mechanical inside the doors, or maybe cold seals rubbing(?). Any ideas?

I get lots og rattling when its -10 C and below. windshield, drver side sliders, passenger side door. I cleaned the car today and I noticed that the plastic under the passenger seat is rattling when I wiped it w/ a clothe , might be one of the source. Also opened the engine bay and suspect that a possibe source could also be the plastic vent/comduit from the battery to the grill ( the one covering the air cleaner) is also loose and rattling. I'll tell them this when I visit Mazda dealer next.

My 06 also got the latches changed and after that the rattling on the passenger side slider started, but especially after a long hot day. I was about to take it back to the dealer but then I just checked around the door panel and banged on a couple of spots where the clips looked loose or the panel way to far from the frame. That cut the deal.

Hey, i have the 06 gs model, and had the exact same problem.
I took it to the dealership a couple times to have it looked at, and they couldnt find the actual source of the problem. Mine sounded like hard rubber squeeking.

Eventually, they found that the door had a lot of vertical play, and they adjusted the door by bringing it closer to the frame, essentially tightening it against movement.

In the summer i still get some noise, but not much. i attribute it to alot or use... but thats not a great excuse. The only downside to the adjustment is you can see the sliding doors are visibly at different depths, they're not inline anymore. but, i got over it for less noise.

its adjustable if its simular to my issue.
hope that helps.

Back