MS6 ODBII Code P0455

Huascar82

:
2006 Mazda 6 MPS GT
I just got my first CEL. Checked it, shows up as 2 error codes, both P0455, one with the Pending symbol on it, the other without it. What does that mean, "Pending".

Also, I looked it up and shows that it could be the gas cap not being tighted properly. Truthfully the cap when I tighten feels really crappy, it turns less then 1/4 turn and then starts the clicking sound like its fully tightened. And less then 1/4 turn the other way and its off, is this normal?

I'll be clearing the code later today and refueling, hopefully the code wont come back, but I wanted to check with you guys first.

by the way I used a Actron CP9125 PocketScan to read the codes, I"m guessing that dont matter though. :)

Last edited:
If you tighten up your gas cap and it still comes back, you need a new gas cap.

Ignore the pending DTC in this instance.

You've correctly diagnosed the problem, good job. The PocketScan has already covered it's cost.

I had a CEL back in Nov or Dec of last year. I brought it in and the dealship put me through the runaround. They thought the problems were: gas cap not tight, wrong octane, bad gas, loss of fuel pressure, solenoid malfunction, blah blah etc. Apparently only 2 other Speed6s have had this problem in the US. They had engineers from Japan helping out on it. I don't remember what the specific code was, it may be in the service papers that I don't have in front of me. Anyway, after a month in the shop they found that it was a faulty knock sensor. When I find the papers I'll post with the code.

Huascar82 said:
I just got my first CEL. Checked it, shows up as 2 error codes, both P0455, one with the Pending symbol on it, the other without it. What does that mean, "Pending".

Also, I looked it up and shows that it could be the gas cap not being tighted properly. Truthfully the cap when I tighten feels really crappy, it turns less then 1/4 turn and then starts the clicking sound like its fully tightened. And less then 1/4 turn the other way and its off, is this normal?

I'll be clearing the code later today and refueling, hopefully the code wont come back, but I wanted to check with you guys first.

by the way I used a Actron CP9125 PocketScan to read the codes, I"m guessing that dont matter though. :)

i work over at autozone and we do free scans on obd2 cars. you have no idea the number of times this code comes up daily. yesterday nearly 5 people. just always make sure cap is tight and you don't fill the car up while its on. thats what i always hear as a problem.

Back