Climate Control Question

allen7347

:
2007 MAZDASPEED6
Hi Zoomers...

Whenever I turn on the Climate Control System the A/C Comes on. This is even the case when it was 39 degrees outside and the temperature control was set on 72. Is this the way it always works? I usually just turn off the A/C by pushing the green lit button.

Would appreciate any comments.

the A/C is primed for Auto climate control and like Elicious said, it ALWAYS comes on (regardless of actual temperature).

As soon as you hit the green button, you are overiding the Auto climate control and turning it off.

so either

1) manually control your climate without using auto settings.

or

2) dont touch the A/C!! just control temperature with the dial :p

Well it is not actually the case.
If you look at it more closer, when you turn on AUTO climate control, and then turn off AC, climate control is still operating in AUTO mode. Just do it in cold weather, and you will see that after some time, speed of fans decreases, and direction of air flows also change. So that climate just keeps temperature inside constant. BUT IF YOU TOUCH, FANS SPEED CONTROLS it will go to manual without saying anything :)
It was the same thing in my audi, you push AUTO button, and then push AC off, but at least it kept AUTO sign in ON state :)) And if you look even more closer. On LCD panel, when you push AUTO, a sign comes on saying [AC......][AUTO], and in my opinion these two signs are seperate and supposedly should be able to be in on or off state independently, but for some reason mazda kept it as a single icon/sign whatever :))))))))
And it also raises another question :))) In that icon on LCD panel [AC....][AUTO], on the place of ...... you can see ECON text, but that thing never lights up in my car, what about yours ? and who knows how to turn economic mode on ?

Sorry for my english, not used to describe technical stuff :) i'll get better.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info pelmenept, I wasn't aware that it was still in auto-mode when you hit the A/C button.

Back