is there a way to remove Bose sub and replace with...?

snooky

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
I have a 10" alpine type R subwoofer, i was wondering if i can take the stock 8" Bose sub out and replace it with the 10" with out cutting a bigger whole?

ofcourse ill add and extra amp because the stock will not be able to support it. but my question its:

a) will it fit with no cut?

b) should i expect alot of rattling from the back windshield or trunk?

thanks

SnOoKy

i wouldn't recommend it. only because the bose sub is integrated into the system (unless you ran it from a separate 'sub out' jack directly from the head unit..is that possible? i just wouldn't use the same wiring myself, but i haven't looked at it either)

and i'm willing to bet that alpine woofer is designed to be placed inside of a box. that sub will bounce itself to peices if its mounted in a free moving environment without a box.

ya its in a ported box right now. im just worried that by adding the whole box+sub+amp.... its gonna add weight and flip around in the trunk when i take sharp corners.
and im nervouse to screw the box down....

Did you hook up an MP3 player to the Bose system yet? Just asking because I bought the iPod adapter last week which allows use of the iPod's equalizer. The sound is not even comparable to stock, much more bass and much clearer treble. You might want to do this before ripping apart the system.

ottawaP5 said:
Did you hook up an MP3 player to the Bose system yet? Just asking because I bought the iPod adapter last week which allows use of the iPod's equalizer. The sound is not even comparable to stock, much more bass and much clearer treble. You might want to do this before ripping apart the system.

I dont have an Ipod n e more :( my friend dropped it and its busted... i bought an XM radio but still havn't installed it.

Back