Question on offset?

speed6killer

Contributor
:
MazdaSpeed6 DOB 02/06 Liquid Platinum Metallic
Thinking about getting some rims 18x8. Wanted to know what would be the best offset to get to fit my 06 Speed6? Thanks for your answers. Peace Jorge Miami,Fl.

Last edited:
re:

MazdaJeff said:
Looks like 45 would work, but +48 would be safer.
Thanks Man. Just got my AutoExe lowering Springs today. Putting them on tomorrow. Thanks for your answer it was very helpfull.(sun)

Last edited:
Re

chuyler1 said:
For 18x8, +48-55 is best. If you go lower and plan to lower the car you will rub.
I got my alignment done today and the offset was 38. Should I stay w/ that or get the 48-55. The drop is not that drastic w/ the autoexe springs.

Fill the gas tank and drive around with two buddies in the back seat. If you rub...that is a good sign that +38 isn't going to work so well. However, the AutoExe springs don't drop the car too much so unless you hit a big bump you will probably be OK.

I think I would stay +48 or higher with an 8" wheel. It's difficult to figure out what will do what until they are installed. If you check out the wheel thread. Some people rub and some don't with the exact same tire/offset. At this point I think it is a game of chance.

Good luck and let us know what you do.

Back