Mazda OEM in-dash GPS Navigation

epharmacist

:
'07 Mazda5 GT on 9/20/06
Does anybody know how to modify the NAV so you can use it while the car is in motion? As is, it won't let you do anything unless the car is stopped.

My Acura TL lets me use the NAV while eating a granola bar, drinking a Pepsi, and going 75mph down the freeway. I read the disclaimer, I'll take the risk.(wiggle)

Nice of you. Hope you don't kill anyone while multi-tasking while driving. Driving is like sex. It's best when you give it your full attention.

Programming in your nav is a little bit more intensive than dialing your phone or sipping a Pepsi. I thought Honda's nav was voice activated and Mazda's is not... which makes perfect sence because you don't need to take your eyes off the road.

That being said, no, there's no known easy way to get around it. Even if the dealership knows how to do it, you'll need a damn good reason before they'll risk getting sued because you rear ended someone.

Last edited:
It's pretty lame that there's no way for even the passenger to put things in the NAV while rolling...

On a related note, does anyone have any idea when updated NAV DVDs will be available?

Facetious!

(nana) Dude, I was just giving a funny example. It's not that I'm always eating and drinking in the The Great White Hope (my Mazda 5's nickname).

Actually, I agree. It's usually the passenger who's navigating while I'm driving and they certainly don't need to be paying attention to the road. It sucks that I gotta pull over to navigate.

And yes the Acura NAV is voice-activated just as the Mazda NAV is voice-activated, I think [scratch head].

Voice button on the steering wheel

jandree22 said:
If Mazda's system is voice activated, then I agree with you... and you can tell me to shove it :)

I even drove the Mazda 5 today all over the city. I never once hit the voice button on my steering wheel. I should go check, but I'm being lazy now. I'll get back to you.

Back