Ordering an '08

TravelinMan

:
2008 CX-9 GT
Well, we did an extended demo today and decided to take the plunge and order an '08 this week.

Planned order will be:
GT front drive
Grey ext, Blk int
Nav Assistance pkg
Sunroof/Bose pkg
Tow pkg
Homelink mirror
Cargo tray
Cargo net

Being told 16 weeks for delivery. Does it really take this long? BTW, dealer (sales mgr) has no knowledge of a 3.7L engine or the blind spot sensor that others on this board have said are on the 2008 model.

Also, the reason for the tow pkg is for a hitch for bike rack, has anyone put an aftermarket hitch on yet instead of the tow pkg.

TravelinMan said:
Well, we did an extended demo today and decided to take the plunge and order an '08 this week.

Planned order will be:
GT front drive
Grey ext, Blk int
Nav Assistance pkg
Sunroof/Bose pkg
Tow pkg
Homelink mirror
Cargo tray
Cargo net

Being told 16 weeks for delivery. Does it really take this long? BTW, dealer (sales mgr) has no knowledge of a 3.7L engine or the blind spot sensor that others on this board have said are on the 2008 model.

Also, the reason for the tow pkg is for a hitch for bike rack, has anyone put an aftermarket hitch on yet instead of the tow pkg.

As with the CX7, the factory hitch should be available with just the electrical hookup in June. Why not just have your dealer find a CX-9 like you want, as we did?

TravelinMan said:

Planned order will be:
GT front drive
Grey ext, Blk int
Nav Assistance pkg
Sunroof/Bose pkg
Tow pkg
Homelink mirror
Cargo tray
Cargo net

As with the CX7, the factory hitch should be available with just the electrical hookup in June. Why not just have your dealer find a CX-9 like you want, as we did?

CX9 SportOwner said:

I have several reasons for wanting the '08. First, I don't have to have the car right now and can wait. Through my employer I can get pricing where the ordered '08 is the same price as finding a '07. Paying this much I'm not willing to compromise on the setup and options that I want. Getting a next model year increases it's used value over the current year. Finally, the supposed engine upgrade and blind spot sensor feature in the '08 model.

TravelinMan said:
I have several reasons for wanting the '08. First, I don't have to have the car right now and can wait. Through my employer I can get pricing where the ordered '08 is the same price as finding a '07. Paying this much I'm not willing to compromise on the setup and options that I want. Getting a next model year increases it's used value over the current year. Finally, the supposed engine upgrade and blind spot sensor feature in the '08 model.

I agree getting the next model year does increase value. BTW I have ordered my CX-9 from my local dealer and they told me that it will take 4 to 4 and a half months to come in. My dealer is aware of the blind spot sensor, but not the engine upgrade. My question for you is that... do you know what the price of your car will be? At this point the dealership will honor 2007 pricing of the CX9 unless mazda corporate changes the price for the 2008 model year. My dealer does anticipate and increase but not by much. Did they give you a price quote? Do you have an order Allocation from your dealer?
But I know for sure that the blind spot sensor is on the 2008, I also verified that with MAZDA customer service.

CX9buyer said:
I agree getting the next model year does increase value. BTW I have ordered my CX-9 from my local dealer and they told me that it will take 4 to 4 and a half months to come in. My dealer is aware of the blind spot sensor, but not the engine upgrade. My question for you is that... do you know what the price of your car will be? At this point the dealership will honor 2007 pricing of the CX9 unless mazda corporate changes the price for the 2008 model year. My dealer does anticipate and increase but not by much. Did they give you a price quote? Do you have an order Allocation from your dealer?
But I know for sure that the blind spot sensor is on the 2008, I also verified that with MAZDA customer service.

I went to the dealer on Saturday and they said they haven't ordered any 08 models yet. He also did confirm the BLISS option for 08 as well as the new Backup camera system that will be integrated into the homelink rearview mirror. He still didn't know anything about the 3.7L engine upgrade though. I hope they release some hard facts about it soon. The upgraded engine is the only thing holding me back from buying a CX-9 at this point. Also, I am hoping they fix the DVD/Moonroof issue for 08 as well.

JP

Guys,

I have official Mazda documents dated March 2007 stating the production of the 3.7L. My local dealer has already ordered their first batch. One of 3 things is going on at your dealers:

1) They are playing dumb because they have 07 models to sell.

2) They are actually dumb (lol2)

3) For some ridiculous reason the 3.7L is only coming to Canada, but I really can't see that being the case.

I'd love to post the documents, but I'm not sure if there are any legalites involved.

poof100 said:
I went to the dealer on Saturday and they said they haven't ordered any 08 models yet. He also did confirm the BLISS option for 08 as well as the new Backup camera system that will be integrated into the homelink rearview mirror. He still didn't know anything about the 3.7L engine upgrade though. I hope they release some hard facts about it soon. The upgraded engine is the only thing holding me back from buying a CX-9 at this point. Also, I am hoping they fix the DVD/Moonroof issue for 08 as well.

JP

Correction the BACKUP camera rearview mirror only comes with AUTODIM not HOMELINK. I confirmed that with mazda.

CX9buyer said:
Correction the BACKUP camera rearview mirror only comes with AUTODIM not HOMELINK. I confirmed that with mazda.

Thanks, you are correct. I forgot they are offereing "2" rearview mirrors now from what the dealer told me. Sometimes I wonder what marketing is thinking on some of their "packaging" of options.

Mazda3 said:
Guys,

I have official Mazda documents dated March 2007 stating the production of the 3.7L. My local dealer has already ordered their first batch. One of 3 things is going on at your dealers:

1) They are playing dumb because they have 07 models to sell.

2) They are actually dumb (lol2)

3) For some ridiculous reason the 3.7L is only coming to Canada, but I really can't see that being the case.

I'd love to post the documents, but I'm not sure if there are any legalites involved.

Trust me, I believe you, I don't doubt that. It's just really annoying when I go to the Dealers and they are clueless. One sales guy told me it takes at least 6 months to receive and 08 if I ordered one. Come on now. I know they want to sell the 07s, but sheeesh. I'm not even haggling with them on price either, as I'm ordering with the S plan price. They don't have to "sell" me on the car, I already want it. To me, it's one of the easiest sales for a Dealer in my opinion.

Thanks again for the info
JP

poof100 said:
Trust me, I believe you, I don't doubt that. It's just really annoying when I go to the Dealers and they are clueless. One sales guy told me it takes at least 6 months to receive and 08 if I ordered one. Come on now. I know they want to sell the 07s, but sheeesh. I'm not even haggling with them on price either, as I'm ordering with the S plan price. They don't have to "sell" me on the car, I already want it. To me, it's one of the easiest sales for a Dealer in my opinion.

Thanks again for the info
JP

OK, question for those of you familiar with S-Plan purchase. I gave the dealer my specs for the '08 CX-9 order and they said that they could not work up a pricing until they get a VIN on the car from the factory (but they still need a deposit). Is this true? I thought that S-Plan pricing was static from pricing sheets I received regardless of the car being on the lot or ordered.

Any S-Plan assistance appreciated.

TravelinMan said:
OK, question for those of you familiar with S-Plan purchase. I gave the dealer my specs for the '08 CX-9 order and they said that they could not work up a pricing until they get a VIN on the car from the factory (but they still need a deposit). Is this true? I thought that S-Plan pricing was static from pricing sheets I received regardless of the car being on the lot or ordered.

Any S-Plan assistance appreciated.

You are right but so is the dealer. The S plan is a standard price that they give you, no haggling as it's part of a program. They fully know the S plan pricing for the 07 models, but because the pricing hasn't been released for the 08 models yet, they can't give you an accurate amount. They will only be able to do this, once Mazda releases the pricing info for the 08 model. I went to another dealer and they said they would know within a few weeks. You need the deposit to order the car but until the pricing info comes out, you won't know for sure the exact price, only an estimate based on the 07 S plan price. It's most likley that the price will change somewhat with the addition of the new 3.7L engine, so factor that in.

Other than the pin # you give the dealer for the S plan, there isn't much too it. I've bought 5 Fords with X plan and it's the easiest way to buy a car. No haggling, no fighting, one price, I know it's a good one and you are done.

JP

poof100 said:
You are right but so is the dealer. The S plan is a standard price that they give you, no haggling as it's part of a program. They fully know the S plan pricing for the 07 models, but because the pricing hasn't been released for the 08 models yet, they can't give you an accurate amount. They will only be able to do this, once Mazda releases the pricing info for the 08 model. I went to another dealer and they said they would know within a few weeks. You need the deposit to order the car but until the pricing info comes out, you won't know for sure the exact price, only an estimate based on the 07 S plan price. It's most likley that the price will change somewhat with the addition of the new 3.7L engine, so factor that in.

Other than the pin # you give the dealer for the S plan, there isn't much too it. I've bought 5 Fords with X plan and it's the easiest way to buy a car. No haggling, no fighting, one price, I know it's a good one and you are done.

JP

Thanks for the quick reply and the detailed info. Mazda customer care confirmed just what you said, except they said S-Plan pricing may not be available until Sept. I told that that was unusual since some '08s will on the lot in Aug.

Also, neither the 2 dealerships in Atlanta I'm talking to nor Mazda Customer Care have any clue or information on any changes to the '08 models. They no nothing of an engine change or blind spot sensors.

The dealers did say that they had '08 orders in and could change the specs to what I wanted and shorten the lead time to about 12 weeks. Going that route with the specs above but I decided the nix the tow pkg and just get an aftermarket hitch for the bike rack.

Mazda3 said:
Guys,

I have official Mazda documents dated March 2007 stating the production of the 3.7L. My local dealer has already ordered their first batch.

Do they have specs on those documents? (yes)

Dalton said:
Do they have specs on those documents? (yes)

I have specs for everything except the final production ratings on the new engine. I expect to see those shortly and will post them as soon I recieve them. There is an official Mazda Canada management memo announcing the 3.7L engine and it also shows the 3.7L on the spec sheets, however it says N/A where the HP, TQ, and fuel mileage ratings should be.

The order is in

Well, I put the deposit down this week on an '08. Here's the specs

GT FWD
Grey ext, Blk int
Nav Assistance pkg
Sunroof/Bose pkg
Homelink mirror
Cargo tray
Cargo net

Plan is that the car should be built in about 2-3 weeks, with a delivery after that of about 8 weeks. Until the car is built and I get a VIN, I do not have any '08 specifications on engine or additional features.

I'll update this as I know more. If anyone else has ordered or a build sheet on an '08, please post the specs.

Thanks, Mazda3 and everyone for the information about the 08 CX-9. We will be ordering one soon.

One question, Mazda3. Do you know if there will be any NEW color combinations on the 08?

golfer08 said:
Thanks, Mazda3 and everyone for the information about the 08 CX-9. We will be ordering one soon.

One question, Mazda3. Do you know if there will be any NEW color combinations on the 08?

Sorry same color combo's.

Back